Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

FS! strombus maculatus(nano conch) snails!

gulfsurfer101

• 5 weeks later...

Have a few to sell, and these are definitely a pretty awesome addition to any reef cleaner crew. They multiply quickly and tackle everything from glass algae to cyano algae. I just noticed a second boom in my tank so I can offer a few packs that will include 5 snails for 20 shipped.

Still interested in these. Please let us know when you get in a position to sell them again.

• Like 1
gulfsurfer101

I'm no longer selling due to the fact that I need every single snail I can find to keep my 75g running smoothly. Sorry guys. If you got some, consider yourself lucky.

jedimasterben

I'm no longer selling due to the fact that I need every single snail I can find to keep my 75g running smoothly. Sorry guys. If you got some, consider yourself lucky.

gulfy, where ya been, man?

I did manage to get some from another N-R member, 5 of them. Now all I need is for these to get busy and start layin' eggs so I can supply my N-R buds!!!

Maybe I need to put on some Barry White music??? :wub:

• Like 3

I did manage to get some from another N-R member, 5 of them. Now all I need is for these to get busy and start layin' eggs so I can supply my N-R buds!!!

Maybe I need to put on some Barry White music??? :wub:

Don't worry basser when I first got mine it took a little while for them to start, but once they settle in you'll start seeing little egg sacks pop up on your glass and powerheads. They don't overrun like freshwater snails but you will notice there population start to rise.

• 1 month later...

Don't worry basser when I first got mine it took a little while for them to start, but once they settle in you'll start seeing little egg sacks pop up on your glass and powerheads. They don't overrun like freshwater snails but you will notice there population start to rise.

Well it looks like the snails must be "busy"...... :wub:

I noticed a baby snail on the front glass and I think I spotted a couple of egg sacks as well

I'm so happy.... sniff, sniff... :tears:

• Like 4

Well it looks like the snails must be "busy"...... :wub:

I noticed a baby snail on the front glass and I think I spotted a couple of egg sacks as well

I'm so happy.... sniff, sniff... :tears:

Awesome News Basser! your a proud papa. lol
gulfsurfer101

I'm still around, just been really busy but I finally earned a lil bit of time off. My snails have repopulated pretty strongly in the last recent months, but I'm still not ready to turn them over just yet. I'm going to make sure I have enough to go around this time. Last time they were crowding my 20l but they got a lot of ground to cover in my 75g.

I am always in the market for good ZOA's though if you know what I mean!

It looks like gulsurfer may be a while before he has numbers large enough to sell excess snails.

I ordered 5 from fellow N-R member, discus513. I just noticed 1 baby snail a couple of days ago. I don't know if there are more and I'm just not seeing them, which is a possibility.

I suggest contacting discus to see if he has any to sell.

gulfsurfer101

If you have one baby in there then chances are there's 20-100 you haven't noticed yet. These guys are not known to just lay a single egg lol.

• 4 weeks later...
gulfsurfer101

So I'm in the middle of a three week black out over my 75g and have all my light craving animals in a holding tank. I haven't paid much attention to my tank at all lately but went over to check on my tank to see if any dinoflagellates may still be present and low and behold, I see hundreds of snails just past the larval stage desperately looking for a meal since my tank is void any algae from being in the dark for the last two weeks.

It's too soon to start shipping, but I'm thinking of culturing my own phytoplankton and rotifers so anybody with a live culture will get priority on trades. I'll start responding to old pm's in order once I'm ready to start shipping all other orders.

20150405_110532_zpsfo6i9bkt.jpg

• Like 1
gulfsurfer101

Lol, that's awesome! I am willing to bump anybody to the front of the line if you have live phytoplankton or rotifer cultures.

gulfsurfer101

10-4, I may have a deal worked out as far as the trades go. I'm shipping a couple packages Monday and from there I'll see what my numbers look like to give me a better idea of how many packs I can put together for shipping out the following week!

• Recommended Discussions