inTank Media Baskets

Fluval 5 Gallon to Fluval EVO 13.5 to Innovative Marine 20 Gallon Peninsula

NanoReefNoobie86

• 2 months later...
NanoReefNoobie86

Hello everyone! Just thought I would post up an updated pic of my tank and a small video clip. Recently added the two torch corals on the right and got these LED strips from IKEA I thought I would try them out and really loving the colors it brings out in the tank.

Link to video:

DSC_5989.jpg

• Like 6
iammrhappy123

Hello everyone! Just thought I would post up an updated pic of my tank and a small video clip. Recently added the two torch corals on the right and got these LED strips from IKEA I thought I would try them out and really loving the colors it brings out in the tank.

Link to video:

DSC_5989.jpg

Do you have a link to the LED strip you got from IKEA?

Thanks

• Like 1

love your little tank!!

i have an 8g but have stayed away from

clown fish so far, afraid they will out grow but

also too aggressive for my sexy shrimps.

how has your been behaving?

i love small nano tanks, yours is fantastic!

Cencalfishguy56

love your little tank!!

i have an 8g but have stayed away from

clown fish so far, afraid they will out grow but

also too aggressive for my sexy shrimps.

how has your been behaving?

i love small nano tanks, yours is fantastic!

I have a 10 gallon and have two, neither are aggressive and shoot me but I have four fish lol

• Like 1

I have a 10 gallon and have two, neither are aggressive and shoot me but I have four fish lol

ha! i don't judge. as long as the tank and critters are doing

well and happy, that's all that matters.

i had five RFAs in my 8g for a while. alas, one died,

so now i have four anemones in a 6g display space. ha!

• 5 months later...
NanoReefNoobie86

post-84826-0-32743000-1445820975_thumb.jpg

So quick question. I just added this featherduster is it normal for these guys to open and close all the time? One minute is open and then closes for a few minutes then opens back up again. Is this normal behavior?

attachicon.giffeatherduster.jpg

So quick question. I just added this featherduster is it normal for these guys to open and close all the time? One minute is open and then closes for a few minutes then opens back up again. Is this normal behavior?

Sometimes vibrations set it off and it withdraws its gills. When i drop a bag on the floor it gets all sp00ky and it closes.

• Like 1
Simulated Fish

Sometimes vibrations set it off and it withdraws its gills. When i drop a bag on the floor it gets all sp00ky and it closes.

+1 mine would close up every time the clown swam by for a week or so, then it realized there were no predators and rarely closes.

NanoReefNoobie86

This tank looks fantastic, and it's inspired me to give a saltwater nano tank a try. Can you summarize your setup for me?

Thanks Priest! I am happy that my tank inspires you to start one of your own! I have a very simple set up. My tank is the Fluval Edge 6 gallon, I run chemi pure blue nano for media and I do large weekly water changes (50%). I use RODI water and reef crystal salt and test for Ca, Mg, and Alk once a week and dose as necessary but I have been slacking lately lol. Lighting is Fluval Marine and Reef LED and I have IKEA LED strips set at blue. Here is an updated video of the tank (sorry my tripod sucks)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
NanoReefNoobie86

So sorry to hear about your overheating. What were you able to save?

my trumpet coral, zoanthids, torch, and mushrooms all survived thankfully.

• Like 1
xHereFishyFishyFishyx

my trumpet coral, zoanthids, torch, and mushrooms all survived thankfully.

Life happens...no doubt you'll get it back to awesome in time. I've got the 6 gallon and was thinking about updating the lights to the Fluval Sea that you bought. Don't know about the LEDs yet...I like the view from the top being clear. Anyways, I'm following your tank for updates. What changes do you have in mind if any?

Cakes_the kid

Nice tank how long was it healthy for.. I'm finding in this tank my salinity is the hardest to keep stable due to water loss...did you get rid of the heater?

NanoReefNoobie86

Life happens...no doubt you'll get it back to awesome in time. I've got the 6 gallon and was thinking about updating the lights to the Fluval Sea that you bought. Don't know about the LEDs yet...I like the view from the top being clear. Anyways, I'm following your tank for updates. What changes do you have in mind if any?

Thanks man. I have experienced some bleaching in my corals, for example my trachyphyllia has turned almost completely white, you can see it in the picture I posted above. I am not sure if that has anything to do with my lighting or not. All my parameters check out good, Ive been trying to feed it more often to see if I can bring it back. As far as changes I am looking into getting the cobalt aquatics neo therm heater and maybe changing out my lights later down the road. But for now I am using my old heater that I use to mix my salt water.

Nice tank how long was it healthy for.. I'm finding in this tank my salinity is the hardest to keep stable due to water loss...did you get rid of the heater?

The tank was doing well for almost 2 years before the heating issue. I haven't had much salinity issues, only in the summer time when I run the small fan to cool down the tank is when I get a lot of water evaporation. Just using my old heater that I used to mix my salt for now, planning on getting a cobalt aquatics neo therm heater soon.

• NanoReefNoobie86 changed the title to Fluval 5 Gallon to Fluval EVO 13.5 to Innovative Marine 20 Gallon Peninsula