Top Shelf Aquatics

Bluefish Feature Wishlist and Suggestions

DC5

Hey Spencer,

I've been playing around with the new iOS update and just wanted to tell you how awesome all the new changes are! I'm loving the save login!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SpencerShepard

Hey guys, what would you think if you had the option to use the main indicator LED as an indication of weather? ie. different colors would represent different weather conditions. I've been playing around with it, but finding it difficult to come up with distinct colors indicative of weather.

I think that may actually be useful. At least from my experience, sometimes I look at my tank and wonder if it's cloudy or if my lights are at a low ramp. having the led show if it is normal conditions or not would be a quick easy tool.

SpencerShepard

will there be function for android that allows you to check what the current setting are for the light strength?

If you mean the Light Graph, then yes that is coming to Android as well.

SpencerShepard

an option on the moonlight to shut it off at say midnight and then come back on at 4am.

Can you tell me why you want to do this?

I'm not speaking for Billy, but I know I would like it because I like the moonlight on when I'm sitting in the living room before I go to bed, but I don't care for it when I'm in bed because I need total darkness and it's pretty bright with just a single moonlight shining down the hall.

I agree with theishkid, what is the purpose for leaving it on all night, no one looks at my tank from the hours of 2300 till like 0930 when my wife wakes up, i check on it at 0430 when i go to work but thats it. Fish are not scared of the dark, it's 100% for our viewing pleasure. Only problem with that is people dont look at their tanks all night. Just a suggestion one way or another it doesnt bother me I just felt that it was something to address, and where better to do it then here, and obviously there must be more people who feel the same.

I have some questions/suggestion that I personally would love in the controller.

1. Like the previous suggests I would also like to have the option to set a an off time for the moonlight.

2. Also for me even to be able to use the moonlight I would like to see a feature to turn of the weather only for the moonlight phase, I understand that this might be something I am alone to wish for though. Reason being that my DIY light is of really high power and i have to set the UV-Leds at 1% for it not being to bright, problem with this is that when the clouds come in it goes below this and the LEDs shut off and on which is kinda irritating having in the living room.

3. I would also like some kind of channel "chain-link" function to activate when adjusting the channels. I.e pressing the chain will lock all the channels current position and when moving one the rest will follow. Another plus would be it remembering the difference when reaching 100%. Lets say i have

CH1 80%

CH2 60%

CH3 60%

CH4 60%

CH5 60%

CH6 60%

Moving CH1 up to 100% would run up CH2-6 to 80%

Moving CH2-6 up to 100% would take CH1 to 100% turning down CH2-6 to 70% after this would set CH1 to 90%. This would make it much easier (at least I think so) to tweak the light.

4. Also when the sunset/sunrise is fading how small are the increments? I am currently having a 90 minute sunset and sunrise time. But the "steps" is really noticeable especially when the power is below 40-50% to the leds. I can understand if we cant get it totally smooth but is there any way for you to decrease the % of each step.

Cheers!

John

2. Also for me even to be able to use the moonlight I would like to see a feature to turn of the weather only for the moonlight phase, I understand that this might be something I am alone to wish for though. Reason being that my DIY light is of really high power and i have to set the UV-Leds at 1% for it not being to bright, problem with this is that when the clouds come in it goes below this and the LEDs shut off and on which is kinda irritating having in the living room.

John,

Set your minimum dimming level on your moonlight to 1% and your light won't shut off anymore. Mine is just like yours so I set it to 1% and the minimum to 1% and it no longer shuts off.

SpencerShepard

I have some questions/suggestion that I personally would love in the controller.

1. Like the previous suggests I would also like to have the option to set a an off time for the moonlight.

3. I would also like some kind of channel "chain-link" function to activate when adjusting the channels. I.e pressing the chain will lock all the channels current position and when moving one the rest will follow. Another plus would be it remembering the difference when reaching 100%. Lets say i have

CH1 80%

CH2 60%

CH3 60%

CH4 60%

CH5 60%

CH6 60%

Moving CH1 up to 100% would run up CH2-6 to 80%

Moving CH2-6 up to 100% would take CH1 to 100% turning down CH2-6 to 70% after this would set CH1 to 90%. This would make it much easier (at least I think so) to tweak the light.

4. Also when the sunset/sunrise is fading how small are the increments? I am currently having a 90 minute sunset and sunrise time. But the "steps" is really noticeable especially when the power is below 40-50% to the leds. I can understand if we cant get it totally smooth but is there any way for you to decrease the % of each step.

Cheers!

John

2. In the upcoming firware update, the effect of clouds will be proportional to the time of day. ie. much less effect in evening/night. For the meantime, theishkid nailed it. Set your minimum dimming to 1% and that should resolve the issue.

4. Dimming increments are roughly 0.02% (4095 steps) and output is updated well over 100 times per second. You should definitely not be able to notice the dimming steps. What drivers are you using?

For the lighting storms under simulation options, can it end when 'night' begins? My night (and light schedule) ends at 9:30pm, yet it's just past 11:00pm and I see lightning flashes in my tank and it's freaking me out :P

I enjoy the storms throughout the day and evening, but don't see the point if i'm in bed sleeping. Maybe this can be an option in a future update?

Oh and I did a bug report today as well, but when I tried to change my location using the iPhone app while on cellular, the app crashed as soon as I tried to save it. Works fine on wifi in my home though.

2. In the upcoming firware update, the effect of clouds will be proportional to the time of day. ie. much less effect in evening/night. For the meantime, theishkid nailed it. Set your minimum dimming to 1% and that should resolve the issue.

4. Dimming increments are roughly 0.02% (4095 steps) and output is updated well over 100 times per second. You should definitely not be able to notice the dimming steps. What drivers are you using?

Yeah will try the minimum dimming out!

That many steps should not be visible no, must be something with my driver then. Using a custom built board from a guy over at ReefCentral/Plantedtank (O2Surplus) that is using the A6211 buck driver.

http://www.allegromicro.com/en/Products/Regulators-And-Lighting/LED-Drivers-For-Lighting/A6211.aspx

Might also be related to the large LEDs I am using perhaps? Vero18s that are running pretty far from their maximum power.

SpencerShepard

For the lighting storms under simulation options, can it end when 'night' begins? My night (and light schedule) ends at 9:30pm, yet it's just past 11:00pm and I see lightning flashes in my tank and it's freaking me out :P

I enjoy the storms throughout the day and evening, but don't see the point if i'm in bed sleeping. Maybe this can be an option in a future update?

Oh and I did a bug report today as well, but when I tried to change my location using the iPhone app while on cellular, the app crashed as soon as I tried to save it. Works fine on wifi in my home though.

Preventing lightning at night should be easily doable. Maybe I can squeeze it into this next update...

I had a look at your crash logs, and I think this happens when selecting a location that is not actually a city or weather station. ie a country. Can you confirm?

I have Queensland Islands, Australia selected. I haven't tried with other locations though. The Fast Forward error log I sent in seems to be working fine this morning when I tried again. Just seems luck of the draw!

I wanted to selector Palm Cove, Australia but it wasn't available as a selection, although it is on the Wunderground website. Any idea why I can't select it?

SpencerShepard

I have Queensland Islands, Australia selected. I haven't tried with other locations though. The Fast Forward error log I sent in seems to be working fine this morning when I tried again. Just seems luck of the draw!

I wanted to selector Palm Cove, Australia but it wasn't available as a selection, although it is on the Wunderground website. Any idea why I can't select it?

Can you try fast forward and then immediately submit a bug report? That way the log will be attached for me to check out.

I guess that's a limitation with Wunderground's search api. Shoot me an email and I will tell you how to set it manually.

Can you try fast forward and then immediately submit a bug report? That way the log will be attached for me to check out.

I guess that's a limitation with Wunderground's search api. Shoot me an email and I will tell you how to set it manually.

I tried this morning and it worked fine, so it may just have been something weird that day, not too sure. I can do that when I get home. Do you still want me to send you one if it works though? :huh:

e-mail sent :)

Its been a month and a half since I got my bluefish and not one lightning storm in French Polynesia! I want my money back!!

Woohoo ... First thunderstorm! Only had to wait 6 months! Wife and I were sitting on the couch reading after the kids went to bed and suddenly it's lightning storm in the tank...wife actually checked out a live webcam to see for herself.

If anyone out there is set to French Polynesia enjoy the show. Thanks Spencer, loving the controller.

Thanks Genix! Happy Holidays to you!

Small update I run 2 kessil we's and 1 narrow A360 now on my tank along with a panorma pro and 3 stunners all bluefish controlled.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice to be able to set the maximum moons led %. I have a Nanobox Flare with a dedicated moon channel and at maximum, full moon, it is to bright. It would be nice to give it a maximum, eg 50%.

Also it would be good to be able to use from a windows platform in the future - lots of desktops and laptops out there and some phones/tablets.

Adam

Archived