Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Bluefish Feature Wishlist and Suggestions

DC5

2) It'd also be cool if there was a "View Current Settings" screen that showed the exact intensities your channels were currently at, accounting for cloud cover, ramping, etc.

login - play scenes - free mode.

I noticed in the extra's - sandbox there is a feature to override weather with a cloudy or stormy day.

This doesnt seem to work, but it would be great if it did. It would be nice to impose a cloudy day once in a while. Its seems my chosen location is always sunny and I think they benefity from some reduction in light once in a while.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SpencerShepard

I noticed in the extra's - sandbox there is a feature to override weather with a cloudy or stormy day.

It works, but only for up to an hour (until new weather data is received). This is only in the Android version as well.

I'm just kind of curious why a lot of this functionality is not working for iOS users?

And please nobody answer with typical Android vs IOS fanboy replies… I'm not looking to start that. I'm just curious why it's taking so much longer to get the same features.

It works, but only for up to an hour (until new weather data is received). This is only in the Android version as well.

Does it? After overriding I check the simulated location and it still says 'clear'. Is the change not reflected there? Perhaps I should make the change and check the free mode area to see if any difference.

If thats the case I would request the ability to override and make it last an entire day and have it reflected in the simulated location screen.

SpencerShepard

Does it? After overriding I check the simulated location and it still says 'clear'. Is the change not reflected there? Perhaps I should make the change and check the free mode area to see if any difference.

If thats the case I would request the ability to override and make it last an entire day and have it reflected in the simulated location screen.

It does, but when you view the simulation screen, that forces a weather update. Weather override is for testing/development (that is why it's in the Beta menu), it wasn't intended to be a feature. If it was requested, it could be....but keep in mind there are other features to be worked in that I think you guys will appreciate more than this one.

I'm just kind of curious why a lot of this functionality is not working for iOS users?

And please nobody answer with typical Android vs IOS fanboy replies… I'm not looking to start that. I'm just curious why it's taking so much longer to get the same features.

There's no actual reason, other than I don't want to hold back an update for the purpose of simultaneous release on iOS/Android. In the future, it's possible iOS will have new features before the Android version.

• 2 weeks later...

Not to be annoying… but I just want to throw in a second reminder for persistent login for iOS. It's really annoying punching in the name/password every time.

jedimasterben

If at all possible, can there be an additional option on the six dimming channels to exclude any from the 'natural sun' option? Or I guess more specifically to be able to control each of the six channels truly independently?

Reason behind it is that I'd like the controller to be able to control my algae scrubber light (full on for the full time may not be the best for most growth) and to be able to turn my fans on and off. I have a circuit controlling a Meanwell SCW step-down converter that is attached to the same 48v input as my LDD drivers. This circuit has two inputs - the first is a 3-12v power input that activates the SCW, enabling full on or full off of the fans, and the second is a 5v PWM input that modulates the constant voltage output of the SCW so that you can use the output from just about any controller to control any fan, even ones that aren't natively PM.

SpencerShepard

If at all possible, can there be an additional option on the six dimming channels to exclude any from the 'natural sun' option? Or I guess more specifically to be able to control each of the six channels truly independently?

Reason behind it is that I'd like the controller to be able to control my algae scrubber light (full on for the full time may not be the best for most growth) and to be able to turn my fans on and off. I have a circuit controlling a Meanwell SCW step-down converter that is attached to the same 48v input as my LDD drivers. This circuit has two inputs - the first is a 3-12v power input that activates the SCW, enabling full on or full off of the fans, and the second is a 5v PWM input that modulates the constant voltage output of the SCW so that you can use the output from just about any controller to control any fan, even ones that aren't natively PM.

Can you describe how you want that to behave? Are you just looking for timer functions, or would this be relative to your light cycle?

jedimasterben

Can you describe how you want that to behave? Are you just looking for timer functions, or would this be relative to your light cycle?

Basically, I'd like to be able to set individual channels to follow the 'natural sun', not just all channels or none. It would be related to the light cycle, but for me personally I'd be using it as a pretty simple timer - send 5v at 11AM when the LEDs are starting to come on, and then stop sending it around 11PM when the LEDs are mostly off.

I hope that made sense. The gist of it is that I want to be able to send a 5v constant signal on one channel from 11-11 while leaving the other channels in 'natural sun'. :)

SpencerShepard

Well, timer functions will come with an upcoming product. (Yes, it is coming, despite your negativity in another thread, and yes...I see everything :P )In the meantime, have you tried using minimum dimming to get the on/off output you're looking for? Try setting one of your LED channels to have a minimum dimming of 50% and hit Fast Forward (Quicktime) to check it out. If your input is 12V tolerant, set the jumper to 10V, PWM off, minimum dimming 50%. Put your midday level at 100%, night at 0%. This should behave like what you've described, except "on" output would vary between 5-10V. For a logic input with a 3V "on" and a tolerance above 10V, it should work fine.

jedimasterben

Well, timer functions will come with an upcoming product. (Yes, it is coming, despite your negativity in another thread, and yes...I see everything :P )In the meantime, have you tried using minimum dimming to get the on/off output you're looking for? Try setting one of your LED channels to have a minimum dimming of 50% and hit Fast Forward (Quicktime) to check it out. If your input is 12V tolerant, set the jumper to 10V, PWM off, minimum dimming 50%. Put your midday level at 100%, night at 0%. This should behave like what you've described, except "on" output would vary between 5-10V. For a logic input with a 3V "on" and a tolerance above 10V, it should work fine.

It's more sadness than negativity :lol: If you've got something new coming, though, definitely want to start teasing it :)

Going back through the guy I got the boards from, this is the circuit diagram and what he says about it:

PWMfancontrol_zps8d422904.png

Long story short - apply a 5V "high" or PWM signal to the middle "Enable" pin at the 3 pin fan control header to activate the fan. The +12V on pin #2 is always "hot", but pin #1 is only connected to ground if it's control transistor is energized.

Yes- connecting the fan's negative lead to ground will force the fan to turn on. You can also trigger the fan to turn on by jumpering a +5V or +12V signal to the "Enable" pin. Where you source the voltage is up to you.

So I don't know for 100% certain if that means that it can do 5-12v or just 5v or 12v (the range makes the most sense, like you mentioned above), I should be able to set, say, output 6 to 10v, 50% minimum, but then also set the 'midday' to 50%? The only time I could see that leading to an issue is for when cloud cover happens. Or does the 50% minimum dimming mean 50% is the bottom even with cloud cover?

SpencerShepard

Yes, minimum dimming prevents clouds from lowering the output below that point. Based on the info provided, I would set it up exactly as I described. Should do the trick.

jedimasterben

Ok, that sounds like I plan. I received confirmation that it will accept a range from 5-12v, so even if I were to keep it at 50% minimum and 100% maximum it would still work as intended. :)

When can you spill the beans on the upcoming stuff? :lol:

• 1 month later...
SpencerShepard

iOS-Simulator-Screen-Shot-Nov-21-2014-8. .iOS-Simulator-Screen-Shot-Nov-21-2014-8.

iOS-Simulator-Screen-Shot-Nov-21-2014-9.

iOS-Simulator-Screen-Shot-Nov-21-2014-8.

New Features:
-Instant bug reporting and feedback
-Simulated location forecast
-User Guide
-Increased slider accuracy
-Persistent login

New Features (**available with firmware version 4.0+):
-Light Graph visualization
-System Status
-Light Preview option while adjusting settings

Bug fixes:
-Crashing on login due to blank text fields
-Display Colors not saving on some devices
-Lunar Cycles button not populating
-Option to blinkup on failed connection (ie. after WiFi change)

Currently awaiting approval to the app store.
**New device firmware (v4.0) automatic update estimated release in December.

SpencerShepard

Android has had many of those features since the last Android update. Light graph and status screen are enabled in the new iOS app, not yet in the Android app, and won't be functional until the pending firmware update (estimated for December).

Archived