Coral Vue Hydros

Bluefish Feature Wishlist and Suggestions

DC5

This probably wont be a popular suggestion but I was dissapointed to see iOS 7 is required to use the app. iOS 7 has run so horribly on my iPhone 4 that I refuse to update to it on my iPad, so I can't use the app on my iPad..

I have it on my iPad 2 and it's not slower than iOS6.

Sometimes there comes a time where a replacement is needed though <_< (<--this guy needs a new iPad)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

I have it on my iPad 2 and it's not slower than iOS6.

The iPad 2 was a pretty significant step up in hardware from the first gen iPad, and with the dual core processor it runs much better.

1) An option to turn off the light for X hours.

2) A data log for water tests, filter sock changes, water changes, chemical changes etc.

• 2 weeks later...
jedimasterben
Its been a month and a half since I got my bluefish and not one lightening storm in French Polynesia! I want my money back!!

For the past few weeks it has been ultra cloudy in Bora Bora, I love it, wish it would stay like this all the time. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I would also like one of the accessories to be a power bar I can turn each outlet off and on through the app and, of course, for it to have uk sockets :)

• 3 weeks later...
SpencerShepard

Persistant login option and increased slider accuracy in the new android app version. Opted for a more elegant solution (IMO) for dialing in the sliders...instead of step buttons, holding the slider for more than 3 seconds increases the accuracy automatically. This isn't something you need to think about, it should just "work".

Persistant login option and increased slider accuracy in the new android app version. Opted for a more elegant solution (IMO) for dialing in the sliders...instead of step buttons, holding the slider for more than 3 seconds increases the accuracy automatically. This isn't something you need to think about, it should just "work".

Great! Nice to see active development.

You might (for example) wish to use Ninja-Block to turn on pumps when the controller is simulating a storm.

Or if you start watching a film with XBMC the ninja-block could tell the controller to dim the aquarium lights, or turn off storm simulations.

After getting mine I can definitely say my only wish so far is persistent login for iOS and the accuracy sliders. I've got to turn my moonlight all the way down to 1% and it's very hard to hit that level.

I would love 2 new lighting modes:

- acclimatisation mode for when acclimatising new additions to the tank for the lights to go off and then turn back on automatically after a period of time.

- accustomisation mode for gradually allowing new corals to become accustomed to lighting by slowly ramping up levels to normal over a set number of days or weeks

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if these have been mentioned yet or if I'm perhaps just missing the setting, but here are a few suggestions:

1) It'd be nice if you could turn the Night setting off after a certain period of time. If I'm not mistaken, when your Night setting turns on, they stay on until your Morning settings kicks on. I'd like to have even my Night settings turn off between maybe 2am-6am, just to reduce the amount of time my light's fan/moonlight LED is on.

2) It'd also be cool if there was a "View Current Settings" screen that showed the exact intensities your channels were currently at, accounting for cloud cover, ramping, etc.

3) This is cheesey, but I'd also like the Thunder audio to work during my location's storms and not just during the Scene Demo. Specifically, I'd want the audio to work on a permanent bluetooth speaker but not on the controlling tablet or phone. Not sure how this would work...

Archived