Cultivated Reef

Bluefish Feature Wishlist and Suggestions

DC5

hi Spencer when I hit system status it says NOT FOUND. I cannot get the light graft either I have been away for over a month and not have the bluefish hook up so I am trying to get it all going now. Not sure if it's updated to 4.0 can you help I am using an iphone thanks

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

It would be nice to be able to set the maximum moons led %. I have a Nanobox Flare with a dedicated moon channel and at maximum, full moon, it is to bright. It would be nice to give it a maximum, eg 50%.

You have to set the intensity for that channel. If you set it at 30%, then it will go through its full lunar cycle never peaking over 30%.

SpencerShepard

It would be nice to be able to set the maximum moons led %. I have a Nanobox Flare with a dedicated moon channel and at maximum, full moon, it is to bright. It would be nice to give it a maximum, eg 50%.

Also it would be good to be able to use from a windows platform in the future - lots of desktops and laptops out there and some phones/tablets.

Adam

As Ben mentioned, just set this level in your Night settings. This will be your full moon brightness.

hi Spencer when I hit system status it says NOT FOUND. I cannot get the light graft either I have been away for over a month and not have the bluefish hook up so I am trying to get it all going now. Not sure if it's updated to 4.0 can you help I am using an iphone thanks

Hi Flo, firmware 4.0 hasn't been released yet. Once released the new features will be enabled.

• 2 months later...

Can we get an option for the length of the moon illumination? I like to have my full moon set at a decent level to give a realistic moon phase change, like 4%, but it seems too bright for the fish to be on all night. I'd love to have a setting for it to last 2 hours or 4 hours or 6 hours. Something like that. Technically, the moon isn't out all night.

Id like to see a qualifier for thunderstorms as well. Something that says if time xx:xx to xx:xx then off. Something like that. I just noticed my lights flashing after my light period, checked the app and sure enough the location I have it set to (Malolo Lailai Island, Fiji) showed thunderstorms. Thought something was wrong, but just a storm. Lol.

• 1 month later...
reefernanoman

Spencer, I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but do you have any plans on putting an "acclimation" mode on the BF and BFM? I'm really enjoying my BFM. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Spencer,

Great work on the Bluefish. Love it. Here are a few things I think would make it even better though:

• More realistic Bell Curve
  • More custom options for time/intensity It would be nice to have more control to be honest. I think the current setup is great for beginners, or 'set it and forget it' but sometimes I feel the controller should give more 'control' Perhaps a custom/advanced mode?
  • To go along with the above; I think the custom/advanced option would be nice to allow a 'Refugium' Channel, for those who want reverse photo period, or custom (maybe 8 hour/day only for huge light during a specific time etc..)
  • More moonlight settings - I would like my moonlight to only last maybe 2-3 hours after 'sunset' instead of all night long.

Power Bar... :P

Hope this is all possible.

• 9 months later...

Hey Spencer,

Great work on the Bluefish. Love it. Here are a few things I think would make it even better though:

• More realistic Bell Curve
  • More custom options for time/intensity It would be nice to have more control to be honest. I think the current setup is great for beginners, or 'set it and forget it' but sometimes I feel the controller should give more 'control' Perhaps a custom/advanced mode?
  • To go along with the above; I think the custom/advanced option would be nice to allow a 'Refugium' Channel, for those who want reverse photo period, or custom (maybe 8 hour/day only for huge light during a specific time etc..)
  • More moonlight settings - I would like my moonlight to only last maybe 2-3 hours after 'sunset' instead of all night long.

Power Bar... :P

Hope this is all possible.

Agree with the last request. Being able to have the moonlight cycle not be all night would be helpful.

Jeff

Archived