SaltCritters.com

Known issues/bugs

SpencerShepard

SpencerShepard

Please don't report individual issues in this thread. If you're having trouble with something, please email me with your username so I can look into it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well mine seems to forget when to turn the lights on which now has caused my tank to be without light for 2 days in a row (I leave to work early and normally come home to a tank with its lights on, well they were off and all corals were pissed). Also it seems that when my controller loses Internet connectivity when connected to my wifi network the LEDs turn off for a few seconds only to get back to their initial state while ramping each led up slowly within seconds...

PS. I know that genix doesn't want that we post our bugs here but I don't get an answer on my Email which really starts to freak me out right now... Also we don't seem to get any updates anymore... What's going on guys??

SpencerShepard

Well mine seems to forget when to turn the lights on which now has caused my tank to be without light for 2 days in a row (I leave to work early and normally come home to a tank with its lights on, well they were off and all corals were pissed). Also it seems that when my controller loses Internet connectivity when connected to my wifi network the LEDs turn off for a few seconds only to get back to their initial state while ramping each led up slowly within seconds...

PS. I know that genix doesn't want that we post our bugs here but I don't get an answer on my Email which really starts to freak me out right now... Also we don't seem to get any updates anymore... What's going on guys??

I'm sorry I was away for a few days. I've still been answering most emails, but I had to prioritize them while away. I see your email about the occasional blinking when you lose WiFi (normal, but may change that behavior in a future update), but nothing about the larger problem which would have definitely moved it up the queue! Please send me another email, including your username and any other details about the problem. Specifically color/pattern of status LEDs, and whether you had any power outages those days. A power outage will cause lights to be off until an internet connection is available again. This hasn't been an issue with any traditional home internet connection, but since you use your phone as a wifi hotspot, I can see this being the likely culprit.

Nothing going on over here to be concerned about. This is however, a one-man show right now. I do the development, shipping, and customer support. Not to mention the retail store and service business (which I have help for, thankfully). Since launch, customer service has been the priority, and promotional updates haven't been. Rest assured, everything is good and moving forward.

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone just tell me what to do if the app crashes when I try to login. Just connected to my new phone yesterday, iPhone 4s, and today my lights aren't following the schedule and I can't login, it keeps kicking me back to the home screen. I tried restarting the phone and redownloading the app, which didn't help.

I thought this was a common thing, more a phone or app issue that might be easily solved by anyone with experience with the ios version of the app. Never really had any problems with android version myself.

SpencerShepard

Can anyone just tell me what to do if the app crashes when I try to login. Just connected to my new phone yesterday, iPhone 4s, and today my lights aren't following the schedule and I can't login, it keeps kicking me back to the home screen. I tried restarting the phone and redownloading the app, which didn't help. I thought this was a common thing, more a phone or app issue that might be easily solved by anyone with experience with the ios version of the app. Never really had any problems with android version myself.

Please email me with your username and I will look into it.

SpencerShepard

Can anyone just tell me what to do if the app crashes when I try to login. Just connected to my new phone yesterday, iPhone 4s, and today my lights aren't following the schedule and I can't login, it keeps kicking me back to the home screen. I tried restarting the phone and redownloading the app, which didn't help. I thought this was a common thing, more a phone or app issue that might be easily solved by anyone with experience with the ios version of the app. Never really had any problems with android version myself.

I've fixed this for you.

This is actually a bug. It's caused by blank text fields in settings(ie channel names, webcam url, etc.). The Android app can handle it, but the iOS app will crash when retrieving your settings at login. I'm adding it to the bug list and will fix it in the next firmware update. For now, please make sure that all text-field settings are not left blank.

Archived