Coral Vue Hydros

Known issues/bugs

SpencerShepard

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KP_Reef_Tank

Same lighting issue here. About to reconnect.

Edit: Light fixture not flashing. Controller is flashing. iOS app crashes while logging in.

jedimasterben

Can confirm the flashing issue is happening to my unit, as well. Unplugged the system when I was home, did not help, also logged in and changed a few settings to see if something was sticking somewhere, but no dice, still flashed.

Should be okay now.

Mine is still doing the same thing, sending error reports, crashing during login and still unresponsive with the tank lights being off and the controller flashing.

jedimasterben

Had done that, did it while putting together my new skimmer :)

I left shortly after, once i get back home i'll try again.

jedimasterben

Just got home, was still flashing every few seconds. Unplugged the controller, left it for about 20 minutes, then came back, and the Electric Imp was blinking: Green-off-Green-off-Green-Red-off, repeat. Repeated the process, no dice. Reseated the Electric Imp, no dice. Eventually I figured, well, hell, might as well try logging into the app and see if it'll respond to something. Logged in successfully, and could view/change settings and they stuck, but no lights. Went to the sim location screen, and boom, lights came on and are where they need to be. Changing settings now takes effect immediately and everything seems normal. No flashing lights.

EDIT: Ok, after I closed out of the app, I opened it back up and it would no longer log in. It's happened many times before, so I just force close the app, clear its cache and data, and then start it back up and log in like normal. Well, did that this time, and no dice, it will not continue until I Blinkup again, and I'm not going to do that. Is there a way to flag on the account that Blinkup has already occured?

EDIT2: Ok, after again resetting, twice, I'm not able to log in and control the lights. Oy.

So a loss of the location info for the simulation seems to have caused the issue. When I entered that back in my channels all came back on.

SpencerShepard

So a loss of the location info for the simulation seems to have caused the issue. When I entered that back in my channels all came back on.

You would be correct. It seems that the weather API wasn't returning the right data for some locations for some time yesterday. We didn't come across anything like this in alpha or beta testing, but will be implementing handling for it for the future.

SpencerShepard

So when can I plug my controller back in ?

There was a period of a few hours on Friday when the weather data service wasn't returning complete data for some locations. Everything should be back to normal, and in the next update there will be handling to prevent that from happening again . If you are still having issues, please email me and we will get it fixed up!
SpencerShepard

So was this just a random bug? Or is this what would also happen if your wifi went down?

More of a random bug. It didn't once come up during testing or development. Loss of WiFi isn't an issue, the controller continues to run normally. Obviously you won't be able to connect until WiFi is available again and the controller rejoins the network automatically.

More of a random bug. It didn't once come up during testing or development. Loss of WiFi isn't an issue, the controller continues to run normally. Obviously you won't be able to connect until WiFi is available again and the controller rejoins the network automatically.

I guess I'm just curious how the controller works if you told it to simulate Indonesia but your wifi goes out for a week. Would it just keep those conditions of scattered clouds for the week and come on at your normal on/off times?

jedimasterben

My modem drops my internet connection on a frighteningly frequent basis, and mine has kept the same settings if it crosses over to the next day.

SpencerShepard

I guess I'm just curious how the controller works if you told it to simulate Indonesia but your wifi goes out for a week. Would it just keep those conditions of scattered clouds for the week and come on at your normal on/off times?

Right now, yes. In the future it will default to "clear" weather conditions if it isn't retrieving new data.

My modem drops my internet connection on a frighteningly frequent basis, and mine has kept the same settings if it crosses over to the next day.

Just to clarify for others, the controller will reconnect automatically when the network is back up. You do not need to reboot the controller or otherwise instruct it to reconnect.

Same here… that's my biggest concern with this controller over the Storm… I mean I guess I could always take my light somewhere else if I ran into a long internet drought to update the settings. I just wish there was some way to override wifi so you could do simple on/off if something happened.

SpencerShepard

Same here… that's my biggest concern with this controller over the Storm… I mean I guess I could always take my light somewhere else if I ran into a long internet drought to update the settings. I just wish there was some way to override wifi so you could do simple on/off if something happened.

You can use the wifi hotspot feature of your smartphone, if you have that available.

KP_Reef_Tank

I had it plugged in once or twice over the weekend, but Genix fixed things for me.

Have you not been using it since Friday?

The controller status light is not blue though anymore- more like violet.

jedimasterben

The controller status light is not blue though anymore- more like violet.

I believe that that is the 'normal' color when not forcing a particular mode.

KP_Reef_Tank

I believe that that is the 'normal' color when not forcing a particular mode.

I figured out the color!

Violet switches on for simulated sun.

So I tried logging into the app today (Android) and it says login successful but it just stays at the login screen and if i tap login a second time the app crashes?

DanielSydney

I have had the storm sound continue after the storm has been stopped. Every time you open the app you get the rain sound. Phone reset fixed it but has done it a few times. :)

Can't connect to the server at the moment... It says login successful and then it changes to the "configure blinkup" screen and it says "cannot connect to server"

I've tried stopping the bluefish process and restarting my router with no success...

Archived