Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Clownfish vs Dendro Problem

MyLiquidBlue29BC

MyLiquidBlue29BC

My clownfish really wants my dendro as a host, but my dendro wants nothing to do with the clownfish and closes every time the clownfish tries. This has caused my dendro to stay closed almost all the time. I've tried moving the dendro around, but the clownfish always goes right back to it. This has been going on for about a week and a half. I've only been able to feed the dendro twice since it started whereas I used to feed it daily. I'm worried about the health of the dendro and I miss seeing it open. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can do to save my dendro from the clownfish?

Thanks!

kalireefer

I just traded my clown back in to my LFS due to him always messing with things in my tank like your seeing from your clown. They are an awesome fish, just too much of a pain in my a$$ to deal with.

Clown fish will bother about anything and everything. If you get rid of your dendro then it will be something else. Even if you were to get an anemone it might decide it likes a piece of coral better. I say bye bye to my clown fish, I like my coral better than my clowns.

Clown fish will bother about anything and everything. If you get rid of your dendro then it will be something else. Even if you were to get an anemone it might decide it likes a piece of coral better. I say bye bye to my clown fish, I like my coral better than my clowns.

I am the opposite on this. My clown pair will host in various things without permission, so I normally just let them do whatever they choose.

The way I look at is that the clowns move around and are entertaining to watch, and corals mainly sit there like paint drying.

hypostatic

Trade the clowns for new clowns or other fish.

You'll have a hard time replacing the dendros. The clowns -- not so much.

Archived