Cultivated Reef

How many fish should I put in my tank?

thomas8man

thomas8man

Hey guys,

I am one day looking at putting fish in my tank how many fish could I put in my Nuvo 16g tank ?

post-84600-0-88154000-1400887409_thumb.jpg

2-4 max. pair of clowns and a small wrasse. maybe a benghai cardinal fish. or a goby.

but for now i'd worry about getting a clean up crew lol.

Yep...I'd say a pair of clowns and 2 small fish (neon goby sized). Or a pair of clowns and one medium size fish (sixline wrasse sized). 2-4 max.

I tend to push the limits sometimes with fish so I would probably do 2 clowns, 2 neon gobies, and one pygmy wrasse. But that would be the max for me.

Arkayology

Why does everyone want clowns? :P

Get some cool fish like some small wrasses in there. Possum wrasse and pink-streak wrasses are always cool. Then get a small goby or a tail-spot blennie. They have a lot of personality.

thomas8man

2-4 max. pair of clowns and a small wrasse. maybe a benghai cardinal fish. or a goby.

but for now i'd worry about getting a clean up crew lol.

Yeah have two turbo Mexican snails and need to get some some dwarf snails. I want clowns saw some snowflake clown fish.

Why does everyone want clowns? :P

Get some cool fish like some small wrasses in there. Possum wrasse and pink-streak wrasses are always cool. Then get a small goby or a tail-spot blennie. They have a lot of personality.

Because clowns are the bomb :D. I have to have a clown in at least one of my tanks. It wouldn't feel right otherwise. My 8g doesn't have any clowns because my 45g has the clowns. You can have too many clowns too :lol:.
soheilsnake

i'll also go for a pair of clowns first :D

and then i'll go for gobies, i love them and as Arkayology said they have lots of personality and fun

Archived