Top Shelf Aquatics

Need help in saving zoanthids

uvhk

I need some advice from the friends in this group. I recently received a shipment of zoas . Due to a delay from the carrier, the zoas we're delivered after four days. Basically they sat in UPS location on the weekend. All the zoas I received are intact , some lost their skin and few melted . I want to save the zoas that are still in shape and also if possible the zoas that lost their skin partially. All the zoas are in shock mode now and only two polyps opened partially. Any advice will help. I am thinking of dosing kent iodide and fuel( amino acids) to the tank to help them heal.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head with how to take care of the zoas that you have. I would pursue a refund from the dealer that you purchased the corals from. Tip: don't use ups for corals. Trust me on that one ;)

BeardedReeferLLC

As soon as you received your package I would of contacted the dealer/seller with pictures and would of decided if they were a loss. But now its basically a wait game IMO. Putting them on the sand bed and see if they take hold again. You can dose all you want but if their still pissed about shipping they will just stay closed no matter how much you do to help them.

Thank you and yes I am already in touch with the seller. Sent him the pics. Anyway , as any other seller his policy also states that he is not responsible for delay from Carrier. He raised a claim with UPS but most likely they don't cover live animals. Most of the zoas are staring to loose the skin from inside and also outside .

They should still offer you something. UPS is very well known for botching shipments. Far worse than Fedex. What was the reasoning in the shipment being delayed?

They misplaced the package in Thursday. It was originally supposed to leave on Thursday and get delivered on Friday. However it left only on Friday as sat at their sort location on the weekend and the corals were delivered only on Monday. Vendor and myself decided to wait and see what survives and take it from there. Frankly speaking I don't see any of them to make it. Four days in summer is too much for zoas

Not much option you could do at this time due to your situation but I would leave them on the sandbed where they will receive lower light and moderate flow and hopefully they will recover.

Archived