Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Riptide

KP_Reef_Tank

Carlos has made me jealous.

Is this the smallest riptide that will be available? Or do they get smaller?

Also will this be controllable, i.e vary speed automatically, or maybe even reverse the flow by having the motor turn the other way? :)

Would really be cool to have to of these anti - synced on opposite sides of a tank!

I am definitely excited about this product!

Please keep us updated!

Edit: Never mind I just read the other thread!!! this will be awesome!

CoralVue Aquarium Products

Look for a new video and pre-register page tonight/tomorrow morning on the front banner of the CoralVue website.

Canada has their own distributor, CoralVue can only sell Maxspect in the US and Mexico.

Pre-registered as well.

Will there be any sort of battery back-up we can purchase? Having a 72 hours of backup in my mp10 is kind of a huge deal to me. It looks like 1 of these could probably replace several powerheads which would be amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Did everyone pre-register for the Riptide on the CoralVue website?

www.coralvue.com

Next set of samples will have a simple controller, I should have them 2nd or 3rd week of July. Don't worry, it can run in reverse!!!

Pre-registered as well. Wonder what the largest will be, I have a 30 x 30 cube having it on the back wall behind my rock work might work very well.

I have two 1100 koralias and a canister filter for flow now. Maybe one on the back behind my rock work, then an Mp10 on the side glass to help with flow and ditch the koralias.

jedimasterben

Next set of samples will have a simple controller, I should have them 2nd or 3rd week of July. Don't worry, it can run in reverse!!!

:)

You have said a few times that the flow can be 'aimed' in a sense by rotating the cover of the, uh, spinny thing, I guess it's not really an impeller? lol. Anyway, so I would assume that it has two 'exits' that are opposite each other for flow to come out of when it switches directions? As it is all well and good that it can make a gyre from the top of the water column to the bottom like in all the videos thus far, but it would be utterly impossible to switch the direction using one riptide as you would simply be blowing water straight into the glass panel that it is on, which would disturb the sandbed (even on tall tanks) and shoot water out of the tank. Not the best scenario lol.

If possible, can you get more pictures of the outlet(s) of the Riptide and where the flow would be coming from in both forward and reverse?

• 3 weeks later...

A single sided RipTide just arrived, we will start testing and take some photos and videos early next week.

Chris

:)

You have said a few times that the flow can be 'aimed' in a sense by rotating the cover of the, uh, spinny thing, I guess it's not really an impeller? lol. Anyway, so I would assume that it has two 'exits' that are opposite each other for flow to come out of when it switches directions? As it is all well and good that it can make a gyre from the top of the water column to the bottom like in all the videos thus far, but it would be utterly impossible to switch the direction using one riptide as you would simply be blowing water straight into the glass panel that it is on, which would disturb the sandbed (even on tall tanks) and shoot water out of the tank. Not the best scenario lol.

If possible, can you get more pictures of the outlet(s) of the Riptide and where the flow would be coming from in both forward and reverse?

Ben,

I can better answer this question when the next set of samples arrive in 2 weeks. I'll have detailed photos taken to show the outlets.

Chris

jedimasterben

Ben,

I can better answer this question when the next set of samples arrive in 2 weeks. I'll have detailed photos taken to show the outlets.

Chris

Awesome, thanks very much Chris. Looking forward to their release.
  • 2 weeks later...
I am considering on an MP40 for my 50g display, not really impressed with the 10 in my 40b actually, I doubt one would be enough for the 50. When I get it working for desired flow the dry side heats up like crazy.Even considered the small Tunze wave box With one mp10.

facebook-want-button.png

Maxspect has released the pricing and specifications of the 35W double sided RipTide Gyre with basic controller (as seen in the CV videos). Cost will be less than $300.00 with a 4200 gph flow rate.

Formal pricing will be released during MACNA, please stop by our booth to see the RipTide Gyre in operation.

Chris

Archived