• Created
  • Last Reply
JavaJacketOC

Sure you do!

It's in that new, bigger tank we always have in the back of our minds. :-P

Or the one that's sitting in the garage :wacko:

muuuusssttt...sttaaayyy..ssttrroonnnggg

JavaJacketOC

Tonight I fed the tank with Reef Chili...low and behold I saw this.

PORCELAIN LIIVVEEESSSS

rrYSAYl.jpg?1

I also just noticed the photo-bombing event that occured

JavaJacketOC

Mounted the new Monti this evening...still leaves room for something else on the front top left of this rock :D

8HDpbFO.jpg?1

JavaJacketOC

That clam is nuts!

IKR and the seller is in SD and also happens to have a nice looking setosa frag...coincidence? maayybbeee....fate? MORE LIKELY!

Still scared :scarry:

JavaJacketOC

Picked up a MaxSpect Razor Nano from a fellow reefer last night...not positive but will be setting this up tonight hopefully!

My current lighting is a 10 watt LEDtric Par30 with 3 RB's and 2 NW's and 120 optics approx 6" off the water.

For the Razor I think I'm going to program the following light cycle for the transition then begin to bump up to maybe 25% or 30% max over the course of a month or so :

10:00 - A: 0% / B: 1% (Moonlight)

11:00 - A: 0% / B: 6% (Sunrise)

15:00 - A: 12% / B: 10% (Peak of the Day)

20:00 - A: 12% / B: 10% (Continuation of Peak day)

21:00 - A: 0% / B: 6% (Sunset)

22:00 - A: 0% / B: 1% (Moonlight)

Thoughts?

I'm looking forward to seeing this thing over your tank. To be honest I think you would be ok at around 20% 12 will be really dim.

JavaJacketOC

I'm looking forward to seeing this thing over your tank. To be honest I think you would be ok at around 20% 12 will be really dim.

About to start working on it now...will post pics soon!

JavaJacketOC

Well...you were very right, it is very dim and way too purple looking. After playing around with the settings it looks like the peak color I want is 60%/60%, that's seems to be as close as I can get to the color on the par30 bulb which was just about perfect for me.

I mounted it as far off the water as I could, which is 8", just 2" further than the par30. I decided on the following for now:

11:00 - A: 4% / B: 10% (Sunrise)

15:00 - A: 30% / B: 20% (Peak of the Day)

20:00 - A: 30% / B: 20% (Continuation of Peak day)

21:00 - A: 4% / B: 10% (Sunset)

I will ramp up to the 60%/60% or something similar over the next few weeks.

JavaJacketOC

whos the seller of the clam in sd?

I don't remember but SD Aquafarms comes to mind, it was on Ebay. Not a lot of live clams for sale you should be able to find it easily.

JavaJacketOC

Well...you were very right, it is very dim and way too purple looking. After playing around with the settings it looks like the peak color I want is 60%/60%, that's seems to be as close as I can get to the color on the par30 bulb which was just about perfect for me.

I mounted it as far off the water as I could, which is 8", just 2" further than the par30. I decided on the following for now:

15:00 - A: 30% / B: 20% (Peak of the Day)

20:00 - A: 30% / B: 20% (Continuation of Peak day)

I will ramp up to the 60%/60% or something similar over the next few weeks.

I changed my mind and went with this:

15:00 - A: 35% / B: 25% (Peak of the Day)

20:00 - A: 35% / B: 25% (Continuation of Peak day)

I still don't love the peak day color but it's better than what I the last combo...I don't expect anything not to be able to handle this lighting but will keep an eye on everything over the next couple days. This lighting color combo seems to make the brown colors in the tank more prominent...that's no bueno :furious:

JavaJacketOC

Looks great! I like the new digi :). And yay for the porcelain showing up :happydance:.

Thanks Gena!

Also, I picked up this little gem yesterday,...it was a little bit of an impulse but it's a color I didn't really have in my tank and I think it will set off nicely with the sour apple monti at it's back.

Under the Par30

kvRlKiV.jpg?1

Under the MaxSpect Razor

jOzY9YS.jpg?2

It looks better in pictures under the Razor...but looked better in person under the Par30

I changed my mind and went with this:

15:00 - A: 35% / B: 25% (Peak of the Day)

20:00 - A: 35% / B: 25% (Continuation of Peak day)

I still don't love the peak day color but it's better than what I the last combo...I don't expect anything not to be able to handle this lighting but will keep an eye on everything over the next couple days. This lighting color combo seems to make the brown colors in the tank more prominent...that's no bueno :furious:

Haha in my experience with the razor nano, the color looks better the higher % you go. This is good for big tanks, but can be a challenge with the smaller ones. You could also try pushing the blue channel down another 5%.

JavaJacketOC

Haha in my experience with the razor nano, the color looks better the higher % you go. This is good for big tanks, but can be a challenge with the smaller ones. You could also try pushing the blue channel down another 5%.

Yeah I messed with the blue a little but but then it ended up being too warm,...IDK it was weird. I will be aiming for the 60/60, that looked good to me.

JavaJacketOC

new FTS? great new pickups

Thanks! I just happened to look over and it was ramping down for the evening...the color looked nice, still too dim but nice...so I snapped a new FTS. It's brighter in pictures than it is to the naked eye,

vhHx0mB.jpg?1

Spiderguardnano
JavaJacketOC

Yeah, they're not far from me either but were ok with FedEx ground deliver which is like 10.00 and overnight to SoCal. I just don't think I'm ready for a clam yet...if I was I would have bought that in a h heartbeat.

That light looks killer on your tank!

I know when I had my Razor, it took me forever to find a mix that I liked. You'll find it ;)

Archived