Pod Your Reef

Bluefish Update

SpencerShepard

You let me know if you need anything else:

haha... I need you to ship that to my house!

In all seriousness I would love to hear your experiences with it. Ease of installation, ease of operation, etc.

Thanks!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok I've got it working with my kessil lights. Seems fine so far. My pwm module is giving me problems. I don't see a plug for the stereo cable to hook into like in the shots in the the other thread. Does that thing snap in or is it missing? The little board can lay flat on the table. There isn't a connector on the back.

SpencerShepard

ok I've got it working with my kessil lights. Seems fine so far. My pwm module is giving me problems. I don't see a plug for the stereo cable to hook into like in the shots in the the other thread. Does that thing snap in or is it missing? The little board can lay flat on the table. There isn't a connector on the back.

Yikes, yes it sounds like the jack is missing off your PowerPWM board. Please send me an email and I will get it sorted out for you. I will be implementing a better method of testing and quality control immediately for these boards to avoid this in the future.

Yikes, yes it sounds like the jack is missing off your board. Please send me an email and I will get it sorted out.

No big deal. I will email you right away. I know it happens.

DanielSydney

Just recieved mine and I have to say the product matches the customer service...great.

Im a little disappointed as I was hoping my kessil would dim gradually to zero with the controller....damn you kessil !!!!! It still has that useless 10% cutoff

Its going to be a process of experimentation now. Im running my weather off Majuro Atoll as Ive flown over this great little place so many times with work and love looking down at it. Ill see how it goes for weather, may get woken up at night with random storms so Ill see how I go.

All in all a very tidy unit that was super easy to get going. Will definately show support with the probes as they become available.

Would like to see a future upgrade of the software to allow muting of storm sound.

Thank guys, excellent work, I hope this shows you huge success.

Probably could've spent my time installing/playing with the controller but decided to break out the DSLR and Speedlite to snap some shots of what's in the box as well as the clean, simple, awesomness that is the Bluefish LED Controller. More updates to come when I have more time to swap out my DIM4 for this bad boy. I did get the wireless hooked up and my channels named but nothing more beyond that.

e752lAZ.jpg

4YMRxxs.jpg

NirvanaandTool

So awesome. And I don't even have a working light to hook up to it yet.

2014-05-27.jpg

I started configuring settings but didn't get too far. Decided to take this as motivation and started working on my clusters. Got all the solderless leds wired up. Tonight I'll get the soldered stuff and maybe tomorrow or Friday a test firing!

Today will be the first day on a program. I'm excited to see what the tank looks like and how it goes. Does anyone using kessil 360's want to compare settings?

I've got the internal ip for my 930L camera working. I need to figure out the setup for viewing remotely though. This thing is awesome!

Product Enhancement ideas: I'd love an android widget that can give me current channel intensity of each channel or at least have a status page where it reports the current light channel intensity. A graph of the current intensity curve based on what the current settings are would be neat too.

Personal Preference:

I'd rather have it preview the days lighting schedule and have to click the button again to see it again. Seems like it just starts it on a loop.

That would be awesome Rod. A few things that come to my mind would be a favorites or top ten list with all the best locations to sync up with, I'm now having to find a city I think is suitable for the job. Another thing I would like would be not having to log into my account every time. Would be nice if it stored my info and would just open right up.

Product Enhancement ideas: I'd love an android widget that can give me current channel intensity of each channel or at least have a status page where it reports the current light channel intensity.

I believe this can be done by going to 'play scenes' then 'free mode' On mine it shows current intensity levels for each channel and a video feed.

I also found that free mode shows me current intensity. That is great! There is probably a massive list of things that are on the to do list before something like a widget or channel status page. It could also tell you the current time of day for the controller and what is set.

There is probably a massive list of things that are on the to do list before something like a widget or channel status page.

My request would be a way to type in a percentage instead of having to swipe with your finger. My white LED's are so bright I have to set them to a max of like .6% for moonlight settings. Trying to swipe in a fraction of a percent isnt easy.

Should both Kessil lights ramp at the same time? For some reason I have 1 that goes before the other.

Never mind it's pendant timeshift....

pyrokidd89

When is the user guide link in the app going to work. I could use descriptions of what exactly some of these setting do especially in the sandbox menu but also just in general.

pyrokidd89

You may have to zoom a bit, but this is what I got with my controller...did you?

No I did not get one of those all I got was the quick start guide and I figured that since the user guide is in the app thats why no other instructions were given.

Or you could look at this whole thread dedicated to it. http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/345492-bluefish-controller-user-manual/

......I forgot about the thread......I'm even following it lol.

I like having the paper copy so I can sit next to the controller with my phone and mess around if need be. There isn't much of a learning curve though, and it gets familiar quickly.

Just wanted to post a quick update. Pwm module is working and my panorma pro works really well. Thanks for fixing my issue Genix!

Archived