Pod Your Reef

Bluefish Update

SpencerShepard

SpencerShepard
diy_led_controller11d5508.jpgIt's almost here!

We're experiencing a short delay in production due to the workload of our local PCB assembly house. We know you're excited to receive your Bluefish controller, and we're doing everything we can to get these out as quickly as possible to you. Pre-orders may see tracking information become available in the coming days as we prepare shipments beforehand. We can get them out the door as soon as the boards come in and your unit is assembled and tested.

Breakout Board

Have a look at the new DIY breakout board! This product is useful for easy and clean connection between the Bluefish controller and your DIY LED drivers. Rather than cutting and stripping the control cables that come with your Bluefish controller, simply plug them into the breakout board, then make the connection from your driver to the screw terminals. LEDs display the current channel output.

f14709cf-ea82-472b-8668-420a2c3d4428.jpgcb87a1a8-5cb5-48ba-b517-2eeec791cbd3.jpg

If you wish to add the breakout board or other products to your existing pre-order, use the coupon code: "freeshipping" at checkout, and reference your original order number in the order notes.

View Product

iOS App Now Available!

The app is now available in the App Store for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Just search for "Bluefish Controller" .

3a8a89bf-cfa7-4f73-8c1c-6ea46ce08356.pngc0853c82-b02b-48b4-aa41-bcdaec954b43.pnge4eb196b-9724-4868-9f45-600e3835c6f3.png39584611-e8e8-4089-ac64-1a685f9fadf9.pngb02244fd-f1af-4865-a03f-53d4bd53f159.pngdfbe0c2a-a45d-40a7-855c-439497e333f4.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SpencerShepard

anyway to get the DIY boards as panel mount 3.5mm jacks?

It's not something we're producing, but if you want to send me an email I can possibly help you make something. spencer@blueworldaquariums com

I might as well just give you access directly to my bank account so you can just send me things like this automatically.

"Oh look honey, another package from Genix! I wonder what it is this time?!?!"

DaveFason

It will be worth the wait. I have been playing with the beta for some time. Actual photo of in use.

13931928588_6685ec0e0a_h.jpg

-Dave

SpencerShepard

Yes when would I expect to get a shipping notice? ie. how long is the delay.

The estimate is 1-2 weeks.

NirvanaandTool

Thanks for the update. Not that big of a delay. Gives me time to actually build and wire my lights to be ready for the Bluefish. :lol:

Will any webcam do for the video feed? And will we have to port forward to access our bluefish when we are away?

SpencerShepard

Will any webcam do for the video feed? And will we have to port forward to access our bluefish when we are away?

Any IP cam with a MJPEG output should work. There is no router configuration needed to access the controller remotely, but you will need to do port forwarding to enable the webcam view in the app when you are away from your home network.

Is a kessil video still in the works? Very curious about the pendant time shift.

It is, just not high on the priority list right now as the focus is getting pre-orders out the door.

NirvanaandTool

I think some of the pre-orders are going out now. I have a tracking number for mine at least.

I think some of the pre-orders are going out now. I have a tracking number for mine at least.

I got a shipping notice from Canada, and my first thought was "Oh no...was I drunk and on eBay again"?

SpencerShepard

I'm preparing shipments, but they're not ready to go out yet. I'm hoping before this weekend, but could be early next week. Still waiting on our boards...

Thanks for the patience, guys....I'm eager to get these to you.

I'm not in a huge hurry, as I haven't even entertained beefing up my LED build to take full advantage of the controller. It gets here when it gets here, which is fine by me.

I hope it goes out in order and is not prioritised to US customers first ...

Should go by order

He is from Canada.

When things calm down a bit I am going to look into these. very cool.

Eager to hold the Bluefish controller. In my definition I still consider the controller on-time. I was part of a Kickstarter.com campaign that ran 6 months over! By the time I received the item I had forgotten about it.

I

Any IP cam with a MJPEG output should work. There is no router configuration needed to access the controller remotely, but you will need to do port forwarding to enable the webcam view in the app when you are away from your home network.

What webcam do you use?

Archived