Top Shelf Aquatics

If I had to do it over again......

Pancetta

masterbuilder

Too many things I would have done differently when I started to list but a larger tank is not one of them. Back in the stone age I had a 150g planted discus tank. It was pretty nice and techie even by todays standards. But as I look back it was kind of like gazing down on a forest...you really never see the individual trees. That's what I like about nano tanks, for lack of a better word the "intimacy". With large tanks you don't (at least "I" don't) get to know the individual corals and livestock in the same way you do with smaller tanks. That's what I love about nano tanks. It makes me sad to see so many members here move up to large tanks and loose that "one on one" detail our tiny reefs give us.

Plus...just a few years ago having a successful nano reef was seen as impossible. There was a sense of accomplishment in succeeding at what the experts said was a guaranteed failure.

Mark

p.s. I am always in deep thought...cant you tell by my Avatar. :rolleyes:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started out with a 29 gal tank, hubbie wanted to go big. Got a 120 with a 75 gal sump. 120 is way too deep for me to reach the bottom and after endless go arounds with hubbie I got a im nuvo 16!. So I have started out kind of small tank and went big and now back to smaller tank. Hubbie can have the big tank. I like my little 16!

This has been over 9 years, so I have learned a lot and feel pretty comfortable about the 16. If I were a newbie, then I would say the bigger the better!

Archived