ReefCleaners.org

Kirby's 20 gallon long (picture heavy)

kirbaay

did some more work on the stand yesterday. hopefully i will finish up everything today so i can start filing it up tomorrow when i move back to my apartment!

lDlKe4I.png

In other news.... my anemone decided to take a walk around my tank yesterday and got sucked up into my filter while i was at work. I dont even know if its alive anymore.. its the size of a quater now and has no tentacles left.. :(

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, I am sorry about the nem. I always worry about my two and my koralias. They are nano koralias and I don't know if they'd suck a big nem in or not.

Your stand is looking very nice.

Ah, I am sorry about the nem. I always worry about my two and my koralias. They are nano koralias and I don't know if they'd suck a big nem in or not. Your stand is looking very nice.

Ya it really sucks.. and thank you!

I finally got all the rock and sand together today and i am starting to fill up the tank.

14840729518_1a4dc3ce2f_b.jpg

I like the wide open sand bed in the middle there. Looks great. Sad to see the 20L go but I know that new tank will be awesome.

How's the nem doing? Did it make it?

I like the wide open sand bed in the middle there. Looks great. Sad to see the 20L go but I know that new tank will be awesome.

How's the nem doing? Did it make it?

Thanks i plan on having a lot of corals to cover the sand bed like clams and plates :)

and ya i am sad to lose the 20 gallon long.. it turned out pretty nice but I have a feeling this one will be better!

idk the status on the nem, My 20 long is at my parents house right now awaiting to be transferred to this tank once it cycles.

I finally got all the rock and sand together today and i am starting to fill up the tank.

14840729518_1a4dc3ce2f_b.jpg

Really like this scape. Looking forward to seeing it fill up. :)

The scape looks great. I bet you enjoyed more than 12" deep to work with for the rock. Clams and plates will look awesome on the sand.

Really like this scape. Looking forward to seeing it fill up. :)

Thanks! I am excited to see it full of corals :) The water is just now filled up!

The scape looks great. I bet you enjoyed more than 12" deep to work with for the rock. Clams and plates will look awesome on the sand.

Thanks man! and yes the extra 5 inches works wonders lol. I might be making an Acan garden on the sand bed also

these are very nice photo. what camera phone (iphone perhaps) did you use that gave you these amazing photo may I ask?

thanks

Thank you I used a canon 7D with a canon 100mm 2.8 macro, canon 50mm 1.2, Tokina 11-16mm 2.8, Canon 35mm 2.0

did you have plans for the stand? or did you just wing it?

Kind of had plans and then those changed lol. so I kind of just winged it haha

• 2 weeks later...

all the corals are in! I made the move last night. everything is pissed off pretty much haha but i didnt have anything die on me. I will post some pictures later today when things open up more

Love that scape! Can't wait to see all the corals get placed

YES

Well all my corals hate their lives right now haha but everything seems to be a live. the only problem i am seeing is in my green tip hammer head, some of the skin is like going away towards the base... i hope it survives.

i need to move a few things around im sure, and make the background black.

15086377127_a9508a879a_h.jpg

Congrats on the transfer! I love the rockwork.

Suddenly that bubble doesn't look so massive.

Any pics of the whole setup? I want to see what the finished stand looks like

Nice tank! Awesome name!

haha thanks! you too

Congrats on the transfer! I love the rockwork.

Suddenly that bubble doesn't look so massive.

Any pics of the whole setup? I want to see what the finished stand looks like

Thanks! and the bubble is about 1/4 of the size it gets in my old tank in that picture. it will fill out nicely haha

here are pictures of the stand and sump.

15250706236_88cc2d13ec_h.jpg

15087116528_2fb481b4c2_h.jpg

15273275142_c3a1538594_h.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, we need an update.

here it is!

Cool build thread, interesting evolution, and top notch pics. Looking forward to seeing the 40B mature.

What size tank are you using for the sump?

thanks! 20 gallon long

How's everything settling in?

after 3 months everything is finally happy!

I havent posted in a long time. since the move a lost a lot of coral like my hammer heads and all but one of my sps corals... any ways here is a short video of my fish tank.

https://vimeo.com/112456486

Archived