Coral Vue Hydros

WTB surface skimmer ac50

Spiderguardnano

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PicO Aquariums

Yes if it is in need I will make it. Let me see if I can get one here locally for mock up and add it to the list.

Ooo la la. Looks awesome!Really liking how there are no magnets.

Can't wait to see how this thing works!

PicO Aquariums

will this work on tanks that are not rimless? Also wish it had enough space to hide the heater in it :(

Yes. Without the retainer clip.

Could you explain a little in easy language what the holes at the bottom of the box will do? Dont quite understand. Thanks.

PicO Aquariums

requested by another member

It just allows for the water to flow slightly through the bottom so the amount of water in the skimmer chamber matches the water level in the display.

The benefit here is that there is still a bit of draw from the bottom as well as the top. During evaporation the whole tanks volume is available as opposed to just a small area in the skimmer box. This will allow you to go longer between top offs without getting air sucked into the intake due to the water level being too low.

Spiderguardnano

so glad I saw this on the front page! buying now!

when i was asking pico to make this i knew this would be perfect for your build

this is going to be so much better than the ugly tube surface skimmer i have now lol. it always worries me because my clowns like to sleep around it and sometimes they get stuck by the suction. it doesn't harm them but it's just annoying. this looks perfect.

PicO Aquariums

Thanks guys. spread the word. I am going to make some for stock so they will be available.

How tall is the one for the AC20 ? The tank id like to use it on it's on 6" tall,would this cause problems or call for a special ordered one ?

PicO Aquariums

How tall is the one for the AC20 ? The tank id like to use it on it's on 6" tall,would this cause problems or call for a special ordered one ?

7 1/8" tall will add the sizes of each to the site for everyone.

May not work for some if they have shallow tanks and have modified the intake pipe.

Modifying the intake pipe would make the unit not fit properly.

PicO Aquariums

Sizes posted as promised and all units have been shipped that came in during the free shipping GB from this last weekend.

venturalvn

CRAP! Why don't I check more sub forums more often! I have been looking for something like this for so long and I just posted a thread about it a couple weeks ago. Could've used that free shipping but I'm happy to jump on board now.

Just to double check these fit with rimmed aquariums correct?

Archived