Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

.9 gallon pico zoa reef

Reefkid88

low iron is really pretty freaking cool!!

pics!!?

I know,I can't wait. Hopefully seeming I ordered it early this morning,it'll be shipped out today.

Here's a photo from their site ( credit goes to whom ever owns this tank ):

image-14.jpg

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thesmallerthebetter

Lots goin on in here, was it the sump that was leaking or the tank? Im assuming the tank aince the design change is on the display.

That tank is a good way to go. Glass > Acrylic every time....especially for longevities sake.

Scraping coraline and tubeworms off of acrylic is hard on the veiwing surfaces over time

Yeah no joke. The tank I made was the original design and idea. I just never got around to it. The sump is what started leaking pretty much for every side,then screwing in the loc-line for the return,I cracked the tank,idk how. Everything fit fine,but I think I had the bulkhead a smidge tilted and it put too much pressure on the acrylic.

I agree 110%. For $30 shipped,I couldn't resist it. Ordered it this morning and it'll be here Thursday. I've been looking at their tanks for awhile now. It'll fit a AC50 on the back perfect. Also,the stuff from Coralux came in to,but I'm at my girlfriends house for the evening. So I'll finish up the light Sunday or so. Sent out the Typhon to be replaced by Steves today as well,god only knows when that'll be replaced and back in my possession,I'm suspecting 2-3 weeks,hah.

Added some of the Nutrafin Cycle I got for my 7 gallon to this tank,and finally got some testing done for this tank...

PH: 7.4 ( supppper low )

Ammonia: 0.25ppm

Nitrates: 0ppm

Phosphates: 1-2ppm

Nitrites: 0ppm

New FTS:

image-16.jpg

Picked up a soldering iron & and solder from Walmart which hopefully will make for a short and easy solder job ( seeming I've never soldered a day in my life ). Hopefully I don't screw anything up tonight lol.

Picked up a soldering iron & and solder from Walmart which hopefully will make for a short and easy solder job ( seeming I've never soldered a day in my life ). Hopefully I don't screw anything up tonight lol.

Nothing new to really report. Tank has some algae from dosing Nutrafin cycle over this past weekend,light is 90% complete. Still gotta figure out some stupid sh*t.

But here's a update FTS:

20140603_200031.jpg

20140603_195955.jpg

Tank was here when I got home from work,and whew is she gorgeous. Makes the .9 look so TINY !!! I read good reviews about TruAqua online,but didn't think the tank would be this prestine. Such good looking,solid construction,perfect seams,beveled edges,low iron,just great tank all around.

Enough jabber jawing,here's some shots:

20140605_182625.jpg

20140605_182431.jpg

20140605_183016.jpg

Ooo schlexxy indeed...

Sexy is right lol makes me wanna keep it at my house and set it up hahaha. My girlfriend would kill me though.

The AC50 fits nicely on the back. I'm debating if I want to paint te back.. I do have some black Elmer's project foam board at work I might cut up and put it on the back.

Nice tank bro. That thang is super pimp.

Thanks mange. Says a lot coming from you,so I'll take that as a compliment.

I got some unopened medical blood tube holders from work,so I'm making a media rack for the AC50 and a small frag rack for my 7 gallon to hold some future sps frags. I think I'm going to use small dime sized magnets so I can slide it up and down to acclimate things.

Got the media rack finished,just letting the WO-16 finish drying. I'm contemplating spraying it black,any suggestions ?!

image-20.jpg

Nanofreak79

Krylon fusion. It's safe for in tank use. Let it dry at least 24 hours to get rid of any voc's, and your golden.

Got my Typhon back from Steve's hooked it up to my light. Idk if my solder job is bad or what. I'm going to resolder some of the spots that look bad and look like they don't make that much of a connection. As of now only the whites work.. Shoulda known that everything wouldn't have gone correctly lmao. Oh well.

Tru Aqua huh? I'll check them out.

Yup. I found them a few months back. But searched for ever to find good reviews and another tank like them and couldn't. Revews were awesome,so I pulled the trigger.

Same clarity as my CadLights,but better edges,and silicone that my Cad. Still love my 7 gallon though. No complaints.

Yeah their low iron 4g cube is only 35 bucks... crazy! I might go this route when I upgrade my tank. I'd need to figure out how to drill it, though.

From what I've read on their website,you can't. It'll void the warranty. But I mean if you've got the money to spend,if it breaks,oh well lol.

Oh, I know that it'll void the warranty. Every tank is that way, unless the manufacturer is drilling it. I just need to figure out the best way to do that :D

Very true lmao.

I'd think just a Glass Holes 1/2" bit and overflow and return ? That'd be super sexy. I'd love to drill my 7 gallon and plumb into a 10 I have,but it's too late meow.

Nanofreak79
Got my Typhon back from Steve's hooked it up to my light. Idk if my solder job is bad or what. I'm going to resolder some of the spots that look bad and look like they don't make that much of a connection. As of now only the whites work.. Shoulda known that everything wouldn't have gone correctly lmao. Oh well.
You and those damn LEDs. I think they hate you. Lol.

Very true lmao. I'd think just a Glass Holes 1/2" bit and overflow and return ? That'd be super sexy. I'd love to drill my 7 gallon and plumb into a 10 I have,but it's too late meow.
Meow that would be cool meow if you had done meow that.

Personally,center overflows take up valuable real estate,unless you're configuring your scape around that. Kinda like Christine did in her 30c.

Damn you freak,hush it !!! They do though,unless I'm really just fu*king stupid. Idk. Probably the stupid part. How about you send me some frags :D remember,I'll spit on it first hahahahaha.

Update: So the 2 gallon isn't going to be set up until the light is finished. Still some unresolved issues.

On another not,I did some testing in the .9 gallon just now and about to preform a half gallon water change.

Nitrates: 1-2ppm

PH: 7.8

Ammonia:.50ppm

Nitrites: 50ppm

Temp:77

Salinity:1.023

Couple pictures of the light while I was messing with it:

Whites,Red and Green-

image_zps6c09b589.jpg

Royal Blue,Blue and UV-

image_zpseb15a375.jpg

Both Channels-