Nothing

Saturday:

2 drops SP

0.25mL AALPS

Sunday:

1mL Xtra (regular)

Water Change

2.5ml MB 7

Keep CV refrigerated after initial opening.

NanoTopia - thanks for the response. I will give this dosing regiment a try. Just wondering what if I start dosing and then I am gone for a week (or two for work) ? Do I just pick up where I left off again ? Or what do you recommend ? I have a BM doser but right now I am only dosing ALK / CA / and Vinegar manually until I set it up and I plan on only dosing the three additives with it.

SouthFlorida_Tron

NanoTopia - thanks for the response. I will give this dosing regiment a try. Just wondering what if I start dosing and then I am gone for a week (or two for work) ? Do I just pick up where I left off again ? Or what do you recommend ? I have a BM doser but right now I am only dosing ALK / CA / and Vinegar manually until I set it up and I plan on only dosing the three additives with it.

You'll be fine, the only thing you will regret is missing that one week and not seeing amazing results sooner!

Keep your doser for the 2 part, KZ additives are manually dosed... the tank will be fine until you continue...

• Like 2

You'll be fine, the only thing you will regret is missing that one week and not seeing amazing results sooner!

Keep your doser for the 2 part, KZ additives are manually dosed... the tank will be fine until you continue...

SF Tron - Thanks !

NanoTopia

I put together a spread sheet for people wanting to dose the KZ Nano Pack, based on my past experience with the products, this is what I think are good starting doses based on your net water volume. Some tweaking may be required based on your current nutrient levels, less is generally more when it comes to the ZEOvit products as they are quite concentrated. It is best to start dosing one product at a time so you can see what effects each product has on your corals and tank in general.

14138655302_67ce18e4e8_o.png

• Like 11

I have 1 quick question. How important is it to refrigerate CV? I opened mine and used it for the first time on Wednesday, but didn't realize it needed to be refrigerated until yesterday. I got it in the fridge last night. Can being open and not refrigerated for about 24 hours be bad?

• Like 1
NanoTopia

I have 1 quick question. How important is it to refrigerate CV? I opened mine and used it for the first time on Wednesday, but didn't realize it needed to be refrigerated until yesterday. I got it in the fridge last night. Can being open and not refrigerated for about 24 hours be bad?

It is not good for it but you should be okay now that it is in the fridge, just stop using it if it develop a very foul odour. I have pleaded with Thomas Pohl to include storage information on his bottles for all his products but still nothing. Oh well.

• Like 1

It is not good for it but you should be okay now that it is in the fridge, just stop using it if it develop a very foul odour. I have pleaded with Thomas Pohl to include storage information on his bottles for all his products but still nothing. Oh well.

I keep CV, Zeobak, and Biomate in fridge, I assume CyanoClean needs refrigeration too?

• Like 1

Would amino acids affect coloration, in any large regard?

Amino acids will mostly be used for soft coral tissue growth.

In terms of colors, there is the color of the coral tissues and the coloration of the zooxanthelae. I dont know if algae are able to use amino acids directly for anything, needs research. Cmiiw, coloration is going to be affected by levels of potassium, iodine, strontium, and iron, and trace elements.

Not sure actually - I started with the nano power pack and while there definitely was colour improvement, I used all 4 in combination so I'm not sure which one (Sponge Power, Xtra, Coral Vitalizer, AA).

NanoTopia

I keep CV, Zeobak, and Biomate in fridge, I assume CyanoClean needs refrigeration too?

KZ products that need to be refrigerated after initial opening, they are fine not to be refrigerated if the seal has not been opened.

• ZEObak
  • Biomate
  • CyanoClean
  • Coral Vitalizer

The rest of the products can be stored at room temperature in a dark area.

Great....so Zeobak too, huh. That one I have had open for a week now, not in the fridge......

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

What happens when you leave something out that has bacteria in it or on it?

It grows more bacteria

I wouldn't worry about it too much.

What happens when you leave something out that has bacteria in it or on it?

It grows more bacteria

Only if there is a food source for it, otherwise it dies. The bottles do not provide a large food source for the bacteria so it is recommended to slow their metabolism down to keep them alive longer.

FYI

Some people wonder why you need to soak the new Zeolites (stones) in RO water for a few days before adding them to the reactor. Answer is: the zeolites contain some silicates and if added dry or even rinsed to the reactor those silicates will leach into the system and cause, in many cases, a brown diatom phase in the tank. This is generally short lived but nonetheless undesirable. Soaking the zeolites in RO or RODI water for 3-4 days and changing out the water 2-3 times will help leach out the silicates before the stones are added to the reactor, preventing the diatom phase from appearing. :)

• Like 2
SouthFlorida_Tron

Wonder how many noobs accidentally started wondering why their getting blooms after new stones are introduced, without knowing ALL, the initial prerequisites!

• Like 2
Only if there is a food source for it, otherwise it dies. The bottles do not provide a large food source for the bacteria so it is recommended to slow their metabolism down to keep them alive longer.

I agree.

My first two 10 ml bottles, I didnt refrigerate. It was when I got the larger bottle that I took the effort to find out if refrigerating mattered.

Now I refridge everything in my Kobalt Smurfbox.

http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/RichardSperry/media/071617792923lg-1.jpg.html'>071617792923lg-1.jpg

• Like 1

Wonder how many noobs accidentally started wondering why their getting blooms after new stones are introduced, without knowing ALL, the initial prerequisites!

Those come and go in my growout tank. I overfeed that tank like crazy. Then water change like crazy, say 10 gallons day one and day two after a good feed. Binge and purge. If im going to be water changing like that, I don't dose Zeo those days(dose after). But not once has this tank since its been on Zeo has it had more crap algae than my previous live rock only Nano Cube. That would get glass powder algae in one day, thick in three days if not mag wiped.I try not to put CHO type foods in any more, after my algae wafer fiasco. That turned everything green, totally bypassed the Zeo system it seemed. Protein based foods primarily now, with great results. Arcti Pods, Oyster Feast, Roti Feast, and the OvaWhatever Feast, And Hikari Marine S, when I dont have time to bring out the cold and frozen foods. My acans are mysis hogs, and they are doing quite well. Ive switched from PE Mysis to Hikari Mysis. They are about half the size, and I can feed with my syringe tool I made for feeding. PE mysis are too big, and need to feed one at a time with tweezers. The syringe tool is much faster to deliver the shrimp.Anyway, Im adding so much proteins into the system on binge days that I dont dose Zeo coral foods those days.I'm going to be more regimented with the display system.

article-1296566313439-024c0bb5000005dc-3

Throw a Jew down a well for me. I hear you have a lot of those in Flo RidaWatch "Borat - Throw the Jew Down the Well!!" on YouTubeBorat - Throw the Jew Down the Well!!:

Borat blew up my post, man. He threw like 20 carriage returns down the well.

• Like 1

Syringe tool is a 10ml leur lock syringe, with about 6 inches of flexible but thick airline tubing, and a stick of 16 inch rigid airline tubing.

CA glue the flex airline to the leur lock tip.

One could buy Julians Thing, I suppose; and mine looks ghetto but works as intended. Better than a turkey baster for removing small pests, too.

Made one from a 60ml syringe for sucking out detritus.

Speaking of which, anyone have any success stories regarding ZeoZym. I have one in my BRS cart, $70 is a lot for something I dont know if it works or not. BioMate and CyanoClean have been a bust for me so far.

Speaking of which, anyone have any success stories regarding ZeoZym. I have one in my BRS cart, $70 is a lot for something I dont know if it works or not. BioMate and CyanoClean have been a bust for me so far.

Have not used ZZ however I have been dosing Biomate and CyanoClean with coral snow and from what I can tell it works well.

• Like 1

I know Oyster Delight(basically the same thing as Oyster Feast) can cause my phosphates to go through the roof if I am not careful....especially if I feed too much and get lazy with changing the floss.

Have yall tried zeobak with coral snow? Keeps my sand white and tank healthy.

I haven't yet. I have heard you have to be skimming to do coral snow, and I am not running a skimmer as of yet. If I end up adding one, then I would probably be using it as it seems to work really well.