Top Shelf Aquatics

Korallen-Zucht ZEOvit Nano Thread

NanoTopia

So, I'm starting to get an interest in this method since they released these new slow release tabs. I didn't like the whole having to dose this and that everyday. Has anyone tried the new tabs and seen how well they work? BRS had a video and said they are supposed to last like 3 months, but don't dissolve? Just want to get more information from users about these before I decide anything.

• Like 1

So, I'm starting to get an interest in this method since they released these new slow release tabs. I didn't like the whole having to dose this and that everyday. Has anyone tried the new tabs and seen how well they work? BRS had a video and said they are supposed to last like 3 months, but don't dissolve? Just want to get more information from users about these before I decide anything.

Hi afyounie,

I have not used the auto elements personally so I really can only offer you what other users have claimed. The cube is made up of a carrier product that releases the element at a set rate, the carrier product remains after the elements are depleted and needs to be removed. There is some debate as to how flow around the cube will effect the rate of release, so placement of the cube in the sump might have some effect on delivery rates. As far as I know the recommended dosing with the cubes are fairly accurate, I have not heard otherwise. The automatic elements are still fairly new on the market so not a lot of specific information is available.

The premiss behind the auto elements is that a slow continuous and stable release of element into the system will create added overall stability. So, for people like you who are not keen on dosing daily all the products, this product makes following ZEOvit dosing much easier.

One question I have personally is whether the cubes can be cut in half to accommodate nano tank requirements. I am still looking for a definitive answer to this question.

I also personally like to dose based on the look of corals and not on a set schedule, but with all the hype on these little cubes lately, I think I will give them a try, B-Balance first, as I dose this particular product on a regular schedule now anyway.

There are some threads going on the zeovit forum you may like to check out as well.

• Like 2

I'll have to check out the threads on all this. And I was wondering the same about whether they can be cut up or not. I would hope so since 1 cube is rated for 50 gallons, I believe.

• 2 weeks later...

I have decided to try the ZEOVit Amino Acid Automatic Elements. The piece in the package states "1 piece per 100L (26 Gallons) every 4 months" so I cut mine in half with scissors as my tank is approximately half of that. The texture is like a hard gel in case anyone was wondering. I have a good start to some SPS corals and would like to see if there is any change.

I placed it in my media basket under the filter pad in the first compartment. This area gets the most flow although I may toy around with some other location. I bought a 5-pack so this should last me 40 months worth for my nano!
I'm not running any other Zeo products however, but since no one seems to want to bite the bullet with the elements, I thought I would!
  • Like 1

I have decided to try the ZEOVit Amino Acid Automatic Elements. The piece in the package states "1 piece per 100L (26 Gallons) every 4 months" so I cut mine in half with scissors as my tank is approximately half of that. The texture is like a hard gel in case anyone was wondering. I have a good start to some SPS corals and would like to see if there is any change.

I placed it in my media basket under the filter pad in the first compartment. This area gets the most flow although I may toy around with some other location. I bought a 5-pack so this should last me 40 months worth for my nano!
I'm not running any other Zeo products however, but since no one seems to want to bite the bullet with the elements, I thought I would!

Thanks for the update. Let us know what you think in a month or so.

• Like 1

Thanks for the update. Let us know what you think in a month or so.

I was just going to ask too, when I should expect to see a visual indication that this is making a difference. I've never used Amino's before. So you think about a month?

• Like 1

I was just going to ask too, when I should expect to see a visual indication that this is making a difference. I've never used Amino's before. So you think about a month?

Well, overall health and better growth from my experience. If you dose too much your Acro's will get darker.

• Like 1

Well, overall health and better growth from my experience. If you dose too much your Acro's will get darker.

Health is #1, followed by color, so i'll keep an eye out for darker tissue and report my findings in time.

One questions about Amino Acids and running carbon/organic absorbers (Purigen). What are your thoughts on the issue. I have read both sides, some saying it is fine, while other says carbon will absorb the Aminos.

• Like 1

Health is #1, followed by color, so i'll keep an eye out for darker tissue and report my findings in time.

One questions about Amino Acids and running carbon/organic absorbers (Purigen). What are your thoughts on the issue. I have read both sides, some saying it is fine, while other says carbon will absorb the Aminos.

I think the sink will be the skimmer more than anything. If you are worried about removing AA then turn off your skimmer for 2 hours post dose.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello. I am posting on a thread that is somewhat old, so hopefully people are still checking back here. Despite a Spectrapure RO/DI system, and a decent maintenance schedule, I have been having some trouble with keeping my tank as clean as I'd like. I have had a bit of cyano and some dinoflagellate issues. I am considering going all-in on the Zeovit system, but I have a couple of questions.

I'll start with my current setup:

Innovative Marine Fusion 20

MiniMax media reactor

Innovative marine ghost skimmer (should this be turned off for a time after dosing some things?)

Canister filter feeding an inline UV sterilizer (which, I imagine, should be off when dosing some of the stuff)

There's a bunch more, but I'm limiting the list to stuff that pertains most to filtration.

I have just received three products to start: Zeostart 3, Coral Snow, and Zeobak which I can dose without the rest of the system. The chambers in the back are getting kind of full of equipment, so if I use the zeolites, I will have to sacrifice the ability to run media in the reactor. Would this be worth it? I can run some media, like carbon and non-gfo phosphate remover in the canister filter, if necessary. If anyone has successfully run the entire system in an IM Fusion 20, I'd love to hear about their setup, or if people have ideas about how I can most effectively modify my current setup, that would be great, too.

• 2 years later...
hawkingcolorado

Hi Guys,

Going to start a Zeovit 14 day cycle in my 20 g IM peninsula. Does the live rock ( getting from Gulf live rock) need to be totally cured first prior to using it for the Zeo Cycle?- Thanks

• 5 weeks later...
hawkingcolorado

Hi All, 

My Zeo 14 day cycle ended 11/14/18. I'm getting some algae. GHA, green, and brown on glass and sand. Nitrates and Phosphates seem to be zero. I have a small 6 line Wrasse , TS Blenny, cleanup crew, and a couple small monti frags. Normal, or worrisome? My photo period is 9 hrs with LED. 

jedimasterben
3 hours ago, hawkingcolorado said:

Hi All, 

My Zeo 14 day cycle ended 11/14/18. I'm getting some algae. GHA, green, and brown on glass and sand. Nitrates and Phosphates seem to be zero. I have a small 6 line Wrasse , TS Blenny, cleanup crew, and a couple small monti frags. Normal, or worrisome? My photo period is 9 hrs with LED. 

Tanks get real ugly before they get real nice. Give it time.

• Like 1