Pod Your Reef

HELP with my Retro

netsecpro

I just connected all of the wires for my Retro kit for my BC29 according to Dave's instructions, however when I plug power into the controller, I have no display and the lights aren't coming on. Any ideas?

Thanks!

I just connected all of the wires for my Retro kit for my BC29 according to Dave's instructions, however when I plug power into the controller, I have no display and the lights aren't coming on. Any ideas?

Thanks!

how do you have it wired? i just installed one and now know how it is "supposed" to be done

how do you have it wired? i just installed one and now know how it is "supposed" to be done

Dave did the wiring for me, so I'm just following the instructions he provided. Supposed to pretty much be plug and play. My main problem is that I'm not getting any display on the controller, it only lights up blue with no letters or numbers. I'm sure that is part of the problem.

Dave did the wiring for me, so I'm just following the instructions he provided. Supposed to pretty much be plug and play. My main problem is that I'm not getting any display on the controller, it only lights up blue with no letters or numbers. I'm sure that is part of the problem.

you didnt have to wire up anything? i just recently got mine and i had to wire up the leds and driver

you didnt have to wire up anything? i just recently got mine and i had to wire up the leds and driver

Nope, he did all the wiring for me, the only thing I need to wire is the fan, but I'm not sure how to do that since there are 3 pins on the power supply and only 2 wires. He made it fairly simple for me. I have sent him a message as well as an email, just waiting on a reply. Kinda stinks since I wanted to test tonight and then put them in my hood tomorrow.

Nope, he did all the wiring for me, the only thing I need to wire is the fan, but I'm not sure how to do that since there are 3 pins on the power supply and only 2 wires. He made it fairly simple for me. I have sent him a message as well as an email, just waiting on a reply. Kinda stinks since I wanted to test tonight and then put them in my hood tomorrow.

the pin that goes to the middle of the plug is the positive. (not the the actual middle pin, but if you look at the center of it the one that you can see that actual sits in the middle) the one next to that is the ground.

the pin that goes to the middle of the plug is the positive. (not the the actual middle pin, but if you look at the center of it the one that you can see that actual sits in the middle) the one next to that is the ground.

Ok, now I'm even more confused. This is the plug he sent me for the fan power supply. There is a black wire and a white wire coming from the fan. He told me to connect the white wire to the center pin and the black wire to the other ping, but there are 3 pins, so what do I do? Thanks for your help.

post-84012-0-79758500-1397698483_thumb.jpg

the one on the right (looking at your pic) should be positive. if you look from the top of the plug that pin should run to the middle of the plug. the pin in the center is your ground

the one on the right (looking at your pic) should be positive. if you look from the top of the plug that pin should run to the middle of the plug. the pin in the center is your ground

COOL! That got the fan working. Now if I could just get the controller to work. Like I said, it the LCD powers on and turns blue, but I just don't have any letters or numbers.

Thanks again!

COOL! That got the fan working. Now if I could just get the controller to work. Like I said, it the LCD powers on and turns blue, but I just don't have any letters or numbers.

Thanks again!

i tried searching google but didnt come up with anything. could try and pull the battery and see if that does anything

You could send a message to Ben at coralux

Yeah, I'll wait and see what Dave says since I got it from him. Hopefully it's just a bad controller and he can send me a new one. I'm sure he'll take care of things.

Wierd. Looks almost like the storm has no program in it.

Without a controller or something giving signal the leds will not turn on though. The board's pull down resistors will see to that. And continue to after you get a signal going if your board is like mine was. Seriously darndest thing really. Dave sent me a new driver board to work on my lights and it wouldn't work. Sent him my light and he was looking at the boards and SOB. Total fluke.

I have noticed though a pretty much any issue coming out of nanobox right now is related to something coralux made. :/ Still Ben and Dave will get you set straight. They always do.

Yeah, I'll wait and see what Dave says since I got it from him. Hopefully it's just a bad controller and he can send me a new one. I'm sure he'll take care of things.

Brian,

Sorry that this happened. The unit was tested prior to shipping but who knows.

Just to confirm you did not plug the larger 48v power into Storm correct? Just the smaller 9v? I have had a few customers do this and ZAP!

-Dave

Thanks for helping out!

-Dave

Brian,

Sorry that this happened. The unit was tested prior to shipping but who knows.

Just to confirm you did not plug the larger 48v power into Storm correct? Just the smaller 9v? I have had a few customers do this and ZAP!

-Dave

Thanks for helping out!

-Dave

That is correct, I plugged the 9v into the controller, the other 9v into the fan plug and and the 48v into the other round plug similar to the fan plug.

Thanks for the help everyone!

I'll have a controller out for you!

-Dave

Dave,

Can you give me a call? I need to change my shipping address.

Thanks!

Dave, Can you give me a call? I need to change my shipping address. Thanks!

Never mind, I just sent you an email with my shipping info.

Let me know what I owe you for shipping.

Thanks!

Wierd. Looks almost like the storm has no program in it.

Without a controller or something giving signal the leds will not turn on though. The board's pull down resistors will see to that. And continue to after you get a signal going if your board is like mine was. Seriously darndest thing really. Dave sent me a new driver board to work on my lights and it wouldn't work. Sent him my light and he was looking at the boards and SOB. Total fluke.

I have noticed though a pretty much any issue coming out of nanobox right now is related to something coralux made. :/ Still Ben and Dave will get you set straight. They always do.

I'm sure they will. Dave has already told me that he will have a new controller out for me, but it looks like I won't be getting it until next week. The anticipation is killing me. I'm just sitting here on my couch looking at my lights sitting on the table. I want to turn them on soooo badly!

Tell me about it. Waiting to get my light back from doctor Dave.

the first driver board crapped out for reasons unknown and the second one has these beast pull down resistors that had no reason being on the board because the storms signal couldn't power through it.

Got yours out today. Both of you

And both will be there tomorrow.

Thanks Dave. Did you use the new address I gave you?

Archived