Innovative Marine Aquariums

7.2g Cold Water Reef Build

Tamberav

AquaticEngineer

It's an awesome feeling to see a new critter for the very 1st time in person.

Isn't it :) Hows it feel to be the first person in your entire state with a stocked up coldwater tank ;)

• Like 1

Wow Those pictures are wonderful!!!

It looks awesome!

Gorgeous tank, brotha... I love these unique builds. Some of the fish in cold water reefs are absolutley breathtaking... Including yours!

I want

Thanks!! :blush:

cold water has a pretty neat biodiversity

Agreed. There are a lot of little worms and limpets and critters starting to show up as hitchikers.

What the..? Cool! What is it? Some sort of limpet?

Love those hermit shots BTW!

It is a sand dollar and there is a tiny green shrimp in front of it (out of focus).

The hermits have some great color to them. I noticed they are better workers than the ones in my reef tank, they cleaned up all the pest algae in a few days and seem to run all over like bandits.

• Like 3

Got the PicO SkiM 2.0 up and running yesterday. Its quiet and low profile :) and best... NO HEAT.

He even made a custom bracket (no charge!) so it would fit the 1/2 inch acrylic.

IMG_20140925_151439860_HDR_zpsgxnjuwum.j

• Like 6

Got the PicO SkiM 2.0 up and running yesterday. Its quiet and low profile :) and best... NO HEAT.

He even made a custom bracket (no charge!) so it would fit the 1/2 inch acrylic.

IMG_20140925_151439860_HDR_zpsgxnjuwum.j

Tank looks amazing, hope there will be a video soon. :wub:

Am thinking of getting one of these skimmers. May I ask what kind of air pump you're using? Also, is the break-in period supposed to be the same as a typical skimmer?

• Like 1

Tank looks amazing, hope there will be a video soon. :wub:

Am thinking of getting one of these skimmers. May I ask what kind of air pump you're using? Also, is the break-in period supposed to be the same as a typical skimmer?

Whisper 20 air pump.

I would assume so... I think it just needs to slime up a bit. I have only been running it for 1 day but no microbubbles spill out like typical nano skimmers.

I do need to get a video don't I? :happy:

• Like 3

I hadn't seen the shrimp since I added him.... well saw him tonight!! I guess he is being a sneaky booger and coming out after the lights go off.

Pics plz :flower:

video soon! I promise!!

I don't know how I missed this update. Love how every thing is coming along. :)

I was in the plastic shop today and got pricing a cold water tank while I was waiting. SO much sticker shock.... Interestingly 3/4 inch isn't much more then 1/2.

How do you feel the 1/2 works insulation wise?

• Like 2
  • Tamberav changed the title to 7.2g Cold Water Reef Build