Innovative Marine Aquariums

7.2g Cold Water Reef Build

Tamberav

I've been out of town visiting family a lot recently so my tanks haven't been getting much for updates :(

Some macro came loose while I was out of town and got stuck in my mp10 and broke the shaft so waiting on a replacement. I swapped the 8 watt pump for a 4 watt one and insulated the pipes running to the chiller last night. The tank was a cool 53 degrees this morning :o

Also added a heaping tablespoon of phosguard.

• Like 1

What types of critters do you have coming?

A sand dollar, tiny purple urchin, snails, maybe some anemone's and just depends what he finds this weekend if he goes collecting. MACNA cleaned him out :) Hoping he finds a colorful sculplin or maybe some shrimp/crabs.

• Like 1
Dr.Brain Coral

Nice. When I was planning my coldwater tank I was going to get just about the same stuff as you. Plus a Bat star and a Navanax. As you can tell I love Navanax's

AquaticEngineer

We had a Nanvanax at MACNA ;)

Sorry I've been so absent from the forums here for the past while. The lead up to our first ever MACNA was a bit time consuming, but well worth it :)

I'm going to do an update on my existing Micro-Reefs tank shortly with some more photos since I'm conscentrating on only European livestock in there and getting the Beadlets and Snakelock anemones to reproduce.

Also, expect another from the start coldwater build with a Micro-Reefs AIO tank soon. I want to start bare bones using completely dry sand and rock with only the Brightwell Aquatics Temperate Fast cylce and Microbacter so I can see how quick a new nano coldwater sytem will cycle and stabilize. (To put to rest the 6 month cycle time some people still hear about)

Glad to be back :D

• Like 3
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Wow,

Looks like Stu had lots to share about MACNA and Cold Water Marine Aquatics. So, are there any cold water reefers out there wanting to get their feet into cold water?

I still have two systems ready to ship..... :)

Dr.Brain Coral

Sorry I've been so absent from the forums here for the past while. The lead up to our first ever MACNA was a bit time consuming, but well worth it :)

I'm going to do an update on my existing Micro-Reefs tank shortly with some more photos since I'm conscentrating on only European livestock in there and getting the Beadlets and Snakelock anemones to reproduce.

Also, expect another from the start coldwater build with a Micro-Reefs AIO tank soon. I want to start bare bones using completely dry sand and rock with only the Brightwell Aquatics Temperate Fast cylce and Microbacter so I can see how quick a new nano coldwater sytem will cycle and stabilize. (To put to rest the 6 month cycle time some people still hear about)

Good to have you Back. I saw lots of your MACNA pics on facebook. Do you have any pictures of the Navanax?

I have been so busy in the last two-three weeks I some how missed the pictures of the snails in the tank. Looks like the one with the strange macro is still growing.

Oh FYI if you have a petco locally, that does salt, they CAN get Catalina gobies but you may have to do some serious convincing depending on your particular store. One of our local ones will order stuff if you ask the other not so much.

• Like 1

I have been so busy in the last two-three weeks I some how missed the pictures of the snails in the tank. Looks like the one with the strange macro is still growing.

Oh FYI if you have a petco locally, that does salt, they CAN get Catalina gobies but you may have to do some serious convincing depending on your particular store. One of our local ones will order stuff if you ask the other not so much.

Yeah, I spoke to one of the employees and he said the manager can sometimes do it but he's around Thursday and Friday evenings. I haven't been by when he is around yet. I would rather buy one from Stu though if he ends up getting more in.

These guys are still kicking and eating :) I've just been letting the algae do whatever since I should have more CUC coming.

• Like 1
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Hi all,

That's right, Stu is getting another donated 7.2 gallon AIO Temperate system! This time we are sending him one with a built in Media Basket and holes plumbed on the top cover!

A lot of reefers are asking what type of media can you use in 55 F degrees?

Well, what better way to get that answered by having Stu tackle that question for you. Your system ships out Monday! :)

Remember that if you want to have a tank like Stu or Tamberav, order the last one I have in stock....

AquaticEngineer

Looking good :) Give me a ring or PM when you have a minute Tam. I have some stuff set aside for you and we will be going back out again this weekend.

Also, definitely grab the Catalinas when you can! They are tough for us to get properly cared for, see if the Petco gets theirs from Quality Marine. QM has had the best ones we've got in the past and at the best price, they also occasionally have the Zebra Catalina gobies ;)

• Like 1
Dr.Brain Coral
On 9/12/2014 at 3:56 PM, Tamberav said:

I felt the snail needed needed a better photo shoot.

New livestock next week including a fish, so excited!

ibwZZNQk6jniAd.jpg

ibpajdsMVQ4QIp.jpg

Would the fish be a sculpin?

Dr.Brain Coral

I was going to get a tide pool sculpin and 2 saddleback gunnels which are adorable. You should look at them as there is a video where they were loving all over there owners hand

• Tamberav changed the title to 7.2g Cold Water Reef Build