Innovative Marine Aquariums

Zoa And Ric Trade!!

kraphtymac

kraphtymac

Okay... so I've been wanting to get one of these started for a while, and am now getting around to doing it. I think we should have a nano-reef frag swap. Zoosrus.com had one recently, and apparently it went over quite well. I will volunteer to compile the list of names and emails, and then randomly assign two people to trade with.

Here is the fun part. I think we should trade zoas and rics. They are easy to ship in a thermos, and pretty popular. As far as minimum trading size frags, the senders should send at least 1 ric head for ricordia, and 3-5 polyps or more for zoas. It would be awesome to keep the trading as random as possible, so people can trade whatever they want to--be it common, or rare, but I will provide the matches with eachothers' email addresses so that they can contact eachother and set up the trade.

For shipping, a lot of people buy a cheap thermos (campbell's soup), put some tank water in it, drop the frag in, then put it in some sort of padded box and send priority mail. I'm sure there are instructions on this online somewhere, just can't find any now! Anyhow, if you want to get in on the action,

EMAIL ME at kraphtymac@hotmail.com with "frag trade" in the subject. Include your nano-reef handle, your email address, and your legal name. I will accept emails until the first of August. At this point I will reply to everyone with whom there trading partner is. The rest is up to you to contact the partner and ship the frag. Hopefully everyone gets some sweet stuff!

I'll take the first 75 (that makes 76 with me) requests for now. If you want to send and receive more than one, make note of that! Okay! Hope this is well received! Post any questions here as well!

Frag on!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kraphtymac
Originally posted by kraphtymac

but I will provide the matches with eachothers' email addresses so that they can contact eachother and set up the trade.

Frag on!

That's why I included this. You contact the other person. If they are across the state, then ship priority. Across the country, then 2nd day air.

Kraphty I will sign up if you will be my match.Oh and btw kraphty those fuzzy shrooms in the updated pictures that accoustic just posted are the ones I was talking about.

Originally posted by Reefmaniac

Priority Mail?  Isn't that 2-3 days?  That sounds kind of risky to me.  Maybe someone else can chime in here?

Zoos, rics, and shrooms are pretty hardy. I just received a package that was in the mail for 4 days, and the zoos opened right up. I wouldn't do this with LPS, SPS or xenia. Xenia tends to melt. ???

I'm up for a trade, I've got lots of frags of zoos. :)

Boomerblaster

I can send money! I would really be interested, but i have a newer tank, so i don't have much to frag at this point. In fact, up to this time i have not managed to find a nice colony or frag in my area!? Would it be possible for me to join in and trade money instead? Let me know... thanks for taking charge!

-Jonathan

kraphtymac

No browns is an inherent rule. Come on people, let's sign up! What are everyone's feelings on allowing a cash trade? I personally have no problem with it.

AReeferIsExpensive

I always trade...zoos, shrooms, rics, kenya tree, anything hardy like that.....n deal is that u pay for eachother's S&H...

I just throw the frag in a tiny thermos from the container store w/ "fresh" tank water (as in, ive done a water change w/ in the past 3 days!), leave enough air space at the top for oxygen, roll it in weightless foam, then jam it in the small priority box n drop it off in time for the last pickup of the day......shipping at my PO is always 4-6$ when i trade

Id personally rather get $$ then brown zoos (if someone has a new tank) so i guess i have no prob w/ cash~

I dont know if this is TOO much trouble, but maybe there could be a "zoo request only" list so when u line up the trade order, make sure those ppl are all in line next to each other? Keeping everyone happy......Just a suggestion :)

I could be in...I could trade 1 green ric or some nice colored zoos, hot pink/orangey center....looking for a ric or nice shroom back though (other than green)...i'm zooed out.

if we do it we should do it like te zoos r us trade, that worked out really well. i dont care if people want to trade for cash, but i dont really think people should be able to say really what they want exactly...maybe a request however the point of it is to create diversity, and if you get something awesome then great, but if not ohwell....jmo of course

I made the Zoorus trade and though it was great. Even bought a couple more thermos last night. Post a pic's of them zoo's

"pokgirl aka Miss Toy" I wanna see if they went into culture shock moving to the other coast :D

I'm in for the trade. I'll send you an e-mail and get the details. I have a few different colored Zoo's and a nice bright green Kenya for trade. I only have 2 ric's and the are both still small.

kraphtymac

Great! I'm getting lots of emails! Make sure you continue to email, and also include if you wish to trade more than one frag so I can hook you up with the appropriate number of people! DON'T FORGET TO EMAIL ME SO I HAVE YOUR INFO!

Thomas

I would be interested in getting in on this bu am in Canada, would this be feasable? I have warty green mushrooms for trade?

kraphtymac

Aight. She's empty now. Sorry about that. Keep emailing me that info for trading! If you want rare pieces, include what you have that is rare so you can be matched appropriately. Several people are offering RPEs, PPEs, safecrackers, etc!

Archived