Innovative Marine Aquariums

Glass stretcher needed! 75 frags in 12 gallons

cjames

I will add more pictures and specs later as coral acclimates. Im really busy but just wanted to get a couple pictures up. Sorry, my hands are just too tired to scrub coraline any longer this week (been really growing more these last two weeks than ever. Got a little algae bloom, params all normal it will pass. Sorry to have to remove all of the photos I tried permalinking every which way until I gave in and finally used photobucket. I didnt disable my gps info or any extra meta data so for obvious reasons I needed to take them down and take new ones. Keep in mind that these are taken with a phone (galaxy s4) so the quality wont be awesome. I hope to add more information about this build in the coming weeks but for now the following should be sufficient:
JBJ Nano 12 gallon dx
5 years old but newly remodeled
maxi-jet 900 (I know I need more power) some tank modifications
retrofitted full spectrum leds
75 separate frags (some are multiples in different spots) in all with at least 34 (probably much more) different "things". If I list them all now I wont have time to post new pictures. Keep in mind that stuff is still acclimating so I will post better pictures with a digital camera when everything decides to come out and play. Tank has been re-aquasculpted and coral has been relocated to my other nano to allow this project to work.(This whole post will be edited tomorrow for clarification and spelling and grammar when Im not lying in bed with my phone typing it out). So here I go:

FTS:
20140407_183933_zpsoknxmihh.jpg

Frags (pictures will be leaded with a number for reference):
20140407_184358_zpsfsah3tvl.jpg

20140407_184315_zpsivhrtfdo.jpg

20140407_184231_zpsubdlor4m.jpg

20140407_184212_zpsulupi5se.jpg

20140407_184154_zpszpq8dxmq.jpg

20140407_184146_zpsn8t6ueme.jpg

20140407_184136_zps1rud07es.jpg

20140407_184129_zpsj0q7ixkl.jpg

20140407_184114_zps4y9rr4op.jpg

20140407_184112_zpsn2soup0d.jpg

20140407_184103_zps0pdmjyqg.jpg

20140407_184058_zpswmbwquno.jpg

20140407_184054_zpspk5vsuwe.jpg

20140407_184051_zpsu51hmqtg.jpg

20140407_184037_zpsgnxdvxok.jpg

20140407_184029_zpswxnrgrkx.jpg

20140407_184024_zpsxilfqn2k.jpg

20140407_184019_zpsa3mm4reh.jpg

20140407_184001_zps3cp39ssp.jpg

20140407_183944_zpsdlcfrnvt.jpg

Just to do the easy ones quick:

Montiporas:
Blue Montipora Digitata
Purple Montipora Digitata
Green Montipora Digitata
Orange Montipora Digitata
Red Montipora Capricornis
Orange Montipora capricornis

Green finger leather coral
Hairy mushrooms
Green mushrooms
Red mushrooms
Sun coral
Zoa #1 -will label later
Zoa #2
Zoa #3
Zoa #4
Zoa #5
Zoa #6
Paly #1
Birdsnest - Seriatopora Hystrix (but green)
Birds of paradise - Seriatopora

Caryophylliidae:
Frogspawn - Euphyllia Divisa
Torch - Euphyllia Glabrescens

GSP - Briareium sp.

Carnation tree coral - Dendronephthya sp. (It wont make it in this hobby but was free)

Things that need an id:
Wierd tan hitch hiker softy kenya like but one long branch (Pic #4)
Favia #1 (Pic #2, 4 will get better one)
Favia #2 (needs a pic not big enough yet)
LPS(Pic #20)

Plus a pair of false percs one nine years old, one two years old.

Not counted but make their presence known:
Bubble tip anemone

Hydroids (always been harmless for me just give them space)
Blue star polyps
Vermitid Snails - on this list because it is pissing off my Hystrix birdsnest with it's web.
Feather dusters
Sponges
Aiptasia - yea, another outbreak.
AND FLATWORMS STILL!!!! I have been trying to buy a blue velvet nudibranch for the last 6 months. Can't find one anywhere!

LED full spectrum build:

First off Milard from ledgroupbuy is awesome! I had some issues with things that were out of his control (multiple bad lucks) and he made sure everything was right! I would and will definitely order from him again, highly recommended!

#All are solderless no optics right at 3 inches on the water

1 405nm (planning to add 4 more)

4 430nm

4 CREE XT-E Royal Blue (planning to add 4 more)

2 Ocean Coral Whites (1 that is pieced together now, replaced two LEDs and hard soldered a connector)

1 CREE XM-L2 Neutral White (5000K-T5) (planning to add 1 more)

I'm debating on adding 475nm Cool Blue

ran off of LDDs

2 700 Meanwell LDD (planning to add 3 more)

1 1000 Meanwell LDD

trying to find a 3000mA driver for the XM-L2

10 inch custom cut 6.46" heatsinkusa.com t-slot heatsink

3200 rpm 6.7 CFM 106.6 Pa ducted blower fan

I will get more into the build at a later time.

jedimasterben

Turn down your blue LEDs a bit to make it easier to get good color in your pics :)

In the last pics, are those BTAs or duncans or? They look really cool.

Turn down your blue LEDs a bit to make it easier to get good color in your pics :)

In the last pics, are those BTAs or duncans or? They look really cool.

I changed the pictures sorry. To which coral are you referring to? I am certain you were looking at the frog or torch. This build has had some serious setbacks with parts and bad luck and dumb errors. The microcontroller that runs the lights has just fried out on me yesterday.I took it out of it's case to add another input and my newborn daughter puked and started choking. I dropped it while still powered up on top of my ground shield in a way that the standoffs didnt help and it is now a brick. Until my new one arrives I have desoldered the pull down resistors on my ldds so the lights are on high no pwm and not on a timer. So sorry can't dim these down to my color or pretty photo color until I replace the broken micro.
jedimasterben

Looks like the hairy mushrooms, now that you edited the post. They look really cool :)

Bummer on the controller! Hopefully the new one arrives soon! I've had my fair share of setbacks like that! I've been waiting almost five months for the housing/heatsink for my lights.

Looks like the hairy mushrooms, now that you edited the post. They look really cool :)

Bummer on the controller! Hopefully the new one arrives soon! I've had my fair share of setbacks like that! I've been waiting almost five months for the housing/heatsink for my lights.

Yea the hairy mushrooms are huge! 4"+ on some and it looks like they are dieing when they split. They even look nice in just actinic and blend very well with my hydroid colony (sadly). The biggest problem was the splash shield. Finding a circa-2008 shield in the crypt of the warehouse took over a month and it arrived chipped and still didnt fit well. Retrofitting has some esthetic purposes but is a PITA.

Updating previous post for more specs and information about the setup and leds!

If the picture is correct this has a green base and red/orange polyps correct? It is called a forest fire digi.

20140407_184146_zpsn8t6ueme.jpg

If the picture is correct this has a green base and red/orange polyps correct? It is called a forest fire digi.

I wish I had some! However where it is located the ocws make the picture look different. When actually looking at it, it is metallic green base with purpled polyps; It is a birds of paradise.

Btw those are the most hardiest things I have ever owned. I have smashed them, buried them in the sand, sucked them up (while siphoning flat worms), and they are sitting on a rock full of colonial hydroids. They thrive on unintentional abuse I think!

Archived