Pod Your Reef

Hanna Alk Checker L.Lo

Bill Nye

I just received my alk checker last week and it has been working well until tonight. It keeps saying Low Light no matter what I do...it even says L.Lo if there is no cuvette in the chamber... Considering it is one week old I am hoping its not broken already. I searched on google for an answer but none was forthcoming. Anyone experience this problem?

Ok so I put a new battery in and now its fine. You think for what you pay for the checker they could throw in a duracell or something that will last longer than 5 days...

• Like 1
Ok so I put a new battery in and now its fine. You think for what you pay for the checker they could throw in a duracell or something that will last longer than 5 days...

Mine has been going for a couple of months so i will keep an eye out for that error and replace if needed. I also have the Ca & Ultra low Phosphorus checkers too. Thx for the post.

I was wrong about my assessment on why the Low Light error signal was turning on. I kept changing batteries and it would keep happening the next day when I'd try to test again. I called the Hanna tech support today and they told me I had a faulty light.

Turns out they have an office 10 minutes down the road from where I live in Rhode Island so I forwarded them the amazon sales receipt, drove over there and they gave me a new alk checker. Pretty good customer service if you ask me! Also feels good buying from a company that gives people jobs in my community.

• Like 1
  • 5 years later...

I wish I was having the same experience you did...

I bought my checker from Bulk Reef Supply. It showed up and didn't work out of the box. I contacted BRS and they got me in contact with Hanna customer service. Hanna customer service has asked me to try 4 different things that my original email already said that I have tried. now they want me to send in the meter and when they get the meter they will send me another one... They want me to send it back via usps there is 5 days. they will probably send it back via usps there is another 5 days, and no telling if they are trying to fix it or send me another one... So we are looking at 2 weeks before I can check my phosphates...

I bought it brand new so i dont know why i would want a repaired checker... 

Kinda not happy right now. (the way this should have been handled is BRS should have sent me a new checker and taken my broken checker and dealt with Hanna...)