Pod Your Reef

trouble getting my retro working

BigBallin

I wired everything up and can't get anything to power on. I tried to get the fan to turn on and I can't get that either. For the fan I have the White wire on the center pin (if the power plug) and the black on the outside. I'm just trying to power the fan only right now and can't even do that

jedimasterben

Pics of the setup would help in determining your issue. White is the hot (+) wire, black is the ground (-). Your fan should only be two pins, usually red and black (with red being hot) and your transformer should have only two wires coming from it, unless Dave has a different setup than I'm thinking. :)

Got the fan working and the led lights kicked on for a split second and shut off. Now I can't get them to turn on. For the leds i Have +1 wire going to -1 wire on the driver and +2 wire going to the -2 wire on the driver.

Have the plug to the storm arrow up in the first plug spot

i dont know what you want pics of. it will just be pics of wires running from the drivers to the leds to the spots i indicated

Think it may be a bad power supply. Going to test it again when I get back home. Is a 48v and was only testing 19v at the drivers

jedimasterben

Think it may be a bad power supply. Going to test it again when I get back home. Is a 48v and was only testing 19v at the drivers

Were you testing the output or input?

Nanobox for my jbj28. This is posted in the nanobox vender forum

I asked because I just ordered a retro kit from Dave for my Bio Cube. Just wanted to make sure.

retested the power wires goin into the driver and maxed out at 19v but never stayed there and would bounce from 0 to 2 to 9 up to 19v. also test the barrel plug and it did the same exact thing

retested the power wires goin into the driver and maxed out at 19v but never stayed there and would bounce from 0 to 2 to 9 up to 19v. also test the barrel plug and it did the same exact thing

Sorry for the delayed response on this guys. I was in the mountains visiting my dad for his birthday. However he is in boonies and I do not have service that way so I am just getting back on the computer.

Sounds like the power supply is not working correctly. I will have one out for you first thing tomorrow. Sorry for the hassle!

-Dave

Yep, that's it. Then we'd be able to figure out 'oh, connect x wire to xx instead of xxx', etc.

Thanks for helping out!

Sorry for the delayed response on this guys. I was in the mountains visiting my dad for his birthday. However he is in boonies and I do not have service that way so I am just getting back on the computer.

Sounds like the power supply is not working correctly. I will have one out for you first thing tomorrow. Sorry for the hassle!

-Dave

Thanks for helping out!

I can't imagine the email volume/PMs you return to.

Thanks Dave. I hope this post or the other didn't come off bad. I just REALLY wanted to get my retro in this weekend :)

Also thanks for getting back to me. I also left a voice mail ha

Archived