Cultivated Reef

Accurate ID for tank members

MysterRC

I picked up a used 39G tank a few weeks back and want to make sure I get the right names of the stuff that is coming out in there. In particular, can someone tell me the name of the zoa’s (I think they are zoa’s) in the middle of this pic?

Thanks!

post-84098-0-75933400-1396635885_thumb.jpg

Awesome, thanks. Unfortunately, I think something munched on a few of them, probably my peppermint shrimp that wiped out 1.5 aiptasia last night… hrmph!

Uhhh, that sounds ominous. It getting “pretty damn big” sorta explains how that particular one swells to almost 4” diameter when he is happy. They also apparently multiply like rabbits and they respond to food just like the green button polyps do… I am really going to need to get some more diversity in this tank! (and color!)

frankdontsurf

Predator Mushroom for the similarity to the textures in the movie Predator and I've seen them shrunk at around 3" in diameter and swollen to almost 7-8". They are my favorite sucks they lack color. Look for Iron Man mushrooms and also Ricordea and Rock Flowers. They all mingle well. Watch the mushrooms and rock flower but ricordea get along with both.

Well, now that I have more light in my tank, that single mushroom has changed color a lot. I have a ton of these things too. Supposedly they are lw light but mine seem to love light...the more the merrier.

Archived