SaltCritters.com

Cherub angel in a 20 gallon?

Icywater

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a 20 is just too small compared to the size of the fish no matter the dimensions. I wouldn't personally keep them in anything under a 40.

I think aggression is more the issue when keeping them in s smaller tanks.

Sugardaddy1979

There's just not much swimming room for an active open water swimmer like that. Alive and thrive are different.

I could upgrade to a longer tank in the future if I really see discomfort. But I rather not, since I don't think it is that bad for a 2 inch angel.

But I will do it if the angel needs it.

If you have ample rock work either size tank would work IMO. Ive seen them in any where from a 10g to 30g, they all were "happy" No minimal scaping though, not sure how they would react to that.

Well one lfs sells it for 30.

Another sells it for 100.

And two fish stores haven't heard of cherub angels.

I'll call one more...

I'll have the video soon.

When I first started my reef tank I really really wanted a flame, coral beauty or cherub angel once my tank was ready for one. BUT, once I had a lot of money invested in coral I wasn't even gonna take the chance of having an angel possibly pick at my coral. What's the long term plan for your tank?

Really? Your the first person to say that....

I don't think that small angel can make as much poop as two clowns.

Really? Your the first person to say that....

I don't think that small angel can make as much poop as two clowns.

You'd be surprised how much those angels poop. It would put everything else in your tank to shame. My dwarf angels easily poop more than my other fish combined, and then some.

That being said, I think a cherub would be fine in this tank.

Just be aware that 1) it will most likely become really aggressive towards everyone else in your tank, and 2) it may nip at your coral.

You'd be surprised how much those angels poop. It would put everything else in your tank to shame. My dwarf angels easily poop more than my other fish combined, and then some.

That being said, I think a cherub would be fine in this tank.

Just be aware that 1) it will most likely become really aggressive towards everyone else in your tank, and 2) it may nip at your coral.

My other fish hide a lot anyways. So.... And Mandarins are toxic aren't they? Also if the fish is the last one added, its not as aggressive right? I thought this species is one of the least likely to nip corals?

I had one in a 15 and it was perfectly fine.. I wouldn't think twice about putting one in a 20.

Thanks for the reply ^.^

I thought this species is one of the least likely to nip corals?

mine never bothered any coral in the year or so I had it, but it started nipping at my clam, which is why I no longer have the angel.

Archived