Top Shelf Aquatics

Radion Vs NanoBox

SbCaes

Nanofreak79

I'm sure adding actinic supplement. I'll probably build a rapid kit or maybe BML actinics for both fixtures.

Steensj2004

I've had both, I currently have a Nanobox. Unless I was running a HUGE display I don't think I would ever go back to Ecotech's Radion(and I used to swear by their lights as #1). Even If I was running a 125, I think I would make Dave build me a light. This thing was FRYING SPS that was under a Radion Gen 2(at 100%) at my LFS..... and the Nano-Box was at like 60%....nuff said.

Besides, I annoyed the PISS outta Dave during my build, and he was ALWAYS nice. Best light/Customer Service around, Hands down!! Only thing is the Radion has a better programming interface IMHO....although you need to be online unless you buy the Reeflink...or last I knew you did.

Edit: AND Dave can fully customize for anything you want layout wise. Ben has always swore by DIY, the NanoBox is a DIY that you don't have to ,"Do" yourself.....and the build quality(enclosure ect) is top notch. You can literally feel the quality.

"This thing was FRYING SPS that was under a Radion Gen 2(at 100%) at my LFS..... and the Nano-Box was at like 60%....nuff said."

Thats what im worried about. ( the junk spectrum tends to fry corals when the intensity is too high)

jedimasterben

Thats what im worried about. ( the junk spectrum tends to fry corals when the intensity is too high)

That's why people don't use 6500K metal halides, am I right?

Oh wait.

That's why people don't use 6500K metal halides, am I right?

Oh wait.

lol. ;p

i didnt bring up religion or poltics right? ( yeah i dont think i did)

;p

im just curious about spectrums. and wavelengths emitted by the diodes. ;p

There really isn't any part of the spectrum that's junk to corals. Most of it is benificial on some photosynthetic level even the green/yellow spectra have their use in photosynthesis.

What I found in leds that tends to harm corals is when the user wants to up the kelvin temp and does so by raising the blues really fast without lowering the whites to counterbalance the par spike.

Sweet. Be prepared to wait if dave gets more epic sauce steamlining done. He doesn't seem to like releasing a product to the buyer unless it's at the same level as his current innovations. At least that's what I'm getting from my nanobox shipment getting held back he decided to put some of his new shwag in it.

Archived