SaltCritters.com

netsecpro

Anyone using a retro kit on their Coralife BioCube 29? If so, can you post a few pics? I'm really leaning toward getting the retro for mine, I just need a little something more to convince me to bite the bullet and buy it.

Thanks!

Not a BioCube 29, but here's a couple of (not that great) pics of his retro for a JBJ 24g Nanocube. I don't recall the exact settings, but the lights are definitely not at 100% intensity in the pictures.

tank-1.jpg

ledon.jpg

I had Dave do my retro install for me.

I had been using metal halides for years, I got tired of annual bulb replacements plus the increase of water temps and electricity. I couldn't be happier with the results. I sent Dave my hood and he sent me a loaner to use while mine was being worked on. His communication with his customers is top-notch!

Here is a pic of my tank, I keep mostly acros and a clam...

post-21570-0-00638400-1385301661_thumb.jpg

I had Dave do my retro install for me.

I had been using metal halides for years, I got tired of annual bulb replacements plus the increase of water temps and electricity. I couldn't be happier with the results. I sent Dave my hood and he sent me a loaner to use while mine was being worked on. His communication with his customers is top-notch!

Here is a pic of my tank, I keep mostly acros and a clam...

Is this a Biocube? If so, can you share your controller settings? I just spoke with Dave and I am placing my order tomorrow morning. I plan on doing the install myself since there isn't any soldering involved.

Is this a Biocube? If so, can you share your controller settings? I just spoke with Dave and I am placing my order tomorrow morning. I plan on doing the install myself since there isn't any soldering involved.

Yes, it's a BC29. But I'm embarassed to say that I don't know what my settings are. I gave Dave the light set-up I had and what time the lights came off and on and I told him I liked the 14k look of the metal halides and he took it from there.

I'm glad to say he nailed it....

Archived