Top Shelf Aquatics

Filter Floss

partyboizz01

partyboizz01

So is this the source to keeping your water crystal clean, it's gonna catch the floating particles in my water so I can get a crystal look?

that and some carbon. You can get a huge bag at Walmart for like $8. 14 mos in and it still looks like I haven't touched but the first couple inches of this bag

partyboizz01

that and some carbon. You can get a huge bag at Walmart for like $8. 14 mos in and it still looks like I haven't touched but the first couple inches of this bag

You got your filter floss from Walmart??

You got your filter floss from Walmart??

It's just polyester fill for pillows and such for sewing. It is inert fluff that will catch virtually all particulates in your water, giving it a bright and clear look.

Nothing to it...just cheap poly.

I use a sock, carbon, and Purigen. On fresh carbon and Purigen, it looks like there's no water in there . . . looks like the fish are floating on air.

partyboizz01

OK Thx folks..appreciate the input, by the way I will be adding this to the media basket for my 16 gallon Nuvo tank

staticx0216

Yeah def go with the stuff from walmart it works great, i used it on my larger tank and you never seem to run out.

xLimitlessJR

OK Thx folks..appreciate the input, by the way I will be adding this to the media basket for my 16 gallon Nuvo tank

Do you have the in tank media basket?

I spent about $20 on a year's worth of 'pond and aquarium filter floss', the blue and white bonded stuff, which was about 1.5 or 2in thick. I'm considering going with the polyester fill, but this is working really well and is rigid enough to be picked up, like filter sponge.

I should probably add: I calculated the area and assumed I'd be switching out the filter floss every morning, so there's that.

partyboizz01

Do you have the in tank media basket?

I order a custom caddy media basket...still waiting for it, but in the mean time I gonna use the stock one

Archived