Coral Vue Hydros

ICH infested LR?

rhinoivory

My LFS always has a sick fish with his live rock. (Pretty Stupid, huh?) If I were to buy a peice of live rock, from this tank, no doubt it will contain the parasites. How long would I wait for it to be safe to introduce fish? Would 6 months be sufficient?

If I did get an ICH infestation, would it be alright if i removed the fish, waited 6 months and add another fish? Can ICH parasites prey on any other animal, or will it just die off?

I dont know if this belings in the disease section, so sorry chris If it does, just buzz me with a cow prod or something.

Don

From what I read, ich is in any tank, it just that those fishy are healty and so ich isn't affect them or not much. But when fish get stress, then ich show up and grew more so fish get sick.

Anyhow, that may not be full correct and i'd like to know too how long to keep those rock out if (presume) our tank doesn't have ich living there yet.

ich is everywhere, if you have a parasite infested tank, all you have to do is leave it 20-30 days without a host and it will eventually die...

fish will alway have ich and its natural immune system keeps the ich dormant, and if the fish is stressed, it gives ich advantage to multiply within the fish.

Archived