Innovative Marine Aquariums

What does my crab have?

gsgentry

Playing around today trying to better my camera skills and saw my big red legged crab at the front of the tank. So I grabbed the camera and snapped a few shots. After I posted them, I noticed all the little white "things" on the right side of the picture on him. After paying more attention, seems like there are a bunch of them. As you follow them to middle, they look smaller. If you zoom in on the one furthest to the right, almost looks like you can make out a claw. Babies possibly?

There are also a few green dots on the top of him which look odd.

IMG_3472_zpse76c61db.jpg

You can if you want, but they don't appear to be slowing him down any lol.

I thought they might have been baby crabs because I swear I see pinchers on several of them. LOL

I am going to better examine the RAW file tonight when I get home. Maybe I can zoom in more and better see. I try to fine tune my photography skills and my new pictures come out so clear that I see "stuff". Maybe I should go back to my boring blurry pics. :D

I agree with the hydroids ID.. some are harmless some are more of a pest.. honestly though, if they're on that shell they're also other places in the tank, so killing the handfull on that shell will do nothing.. I ignore mine and they don't bother anything..

Archived