ReefCleaners.org

Now Available for Pre-Order! Bluefish LED Controller on sale until April 6

SpencerShepard

SpencerShepard

Does the moonlight require a dedicated channel or can you use one of the existing channels as a moonlight?

I currently have a 4-up ldd board and want to do moonlighting and would love to use my blue channel for moonlight. This would save me having to purchase a 5-up board. Would also save already cramped real estate on my HS.

Also out of curiosity, I currently use a typhon and see a very clear stepping when dimming. Will this have more smooth dimming?

Yes you can use your existing channel(s) for moonlight with the LDD drivers. At least a couple of our beta testers are doing this.

This controller has 4096 dimming steps, which makes for some mighty smooth dimming. You won't notice any stepping.

How would this connect to a Nano Box light?

Greg,

I can help you out with the current plug. I can either send you a how to on wiring to the drivers OR I can show you some DIY magic on the current cord.

Drop me an email.

-Dave

Yes you can use your existing channel(s) for moonlight with the LDD drivers. At least a couple of our beta testers are doing this.

This controller has 4096 dimming steps, which makes for some mighty smooth dimming. You won't notice any stepping.

Wow awesome! I'll finally have moonlighting, and for free no less.

Glad to hear about the dimming also, the way it is now there is VERY pronounced stepping. Doesn't look natural at all.

Greg,

I can help you out with the current plug. I can either send you a how to on wiring to the drivers OR I can show you some DIY magic on the current cord.

Drop me an email.

-Dave

You going to have one of these with you in Orlando?

Well, being a complete nerd that loves this sort of thing but also being one that is wayyyyyy too dumb to build it, I ordered one. My tank is a complete mess, and my LED fixture needs work, so, I guess I just purchased some motivation!

I'm curious about the moon phases function of my new controller. Maybe you'll be able to release a pdf manual at some point before launch and I should save my questions. If so, just let me know. Specifically though, does it allow for custom moon phase settings using one or more of the channels? Can I set a four week cycle with say, 0%, 2%, 4%, and 6%? Or if its in location simulation, is the moon light only going to be on when the moon is actually up?

So many questions... so excited.

SpencerShepard

I'm curious about the moon phases function of my new controller. Maybe you'll be able to release a pdf manual at some point before launch and I should save my questions. If so, just let me know. Specifically though, does it allow for custom moon phase settings using one or more of the channels? Can I set a four week cycle with say, 0%, 2%, 4%, and 6%? Or if its in location simulation, is the moon light only going to be on when the moon is actually up? So many questions... so excited.

Basically you set your full moon color/intensity in your night settings (any channels you wish, with 0.1% resolution). Then you can choose to use the moon phase from your simulated location. If you use moon phase, then dimming is applied to your night levels based on the moon illumination % from your simulated location.

Basically you set your full moon color/intensity in your night settings (any channels you wish, with 0.1% resolution). Then you can choose to use the moon phase from your simulated location. If you use moon phase, then dimming is applied to your night levels based on the moon illumination % from your simulated location.

Okay, so no standard 4 week moon phase without using the location simulation? Is that something that could be added in a software update? Seems like it might be useful.

SpencerShepard

Okay, so no standard 4 week moon phase without using the location simulation? Is that something that could be added in a software update? Seems like it might be useful.

Correct. Yes it could be added. Why would you want it?

I guess I'm just not sure if I'd always be using location simulation, so I thought it might be nice to have a moon phase option independent of location. Maybe I'm wrong.

SpencerShepard

We're extending the pre-order special until tonight, as some people had problems getting orders through yesterday due to Canada Post server downtime preventing shipping calculation (thanks a lot Canada Post!)

Archived