Top Shelf Aquatics

Now Available for Pre-Order! Bluefish LED Controller on sale until April 6

SpencerShepard

SpencerShepard

We're pleased to announce that the Bluefish LED Controller is now available for pre-order HERE!

Order before April 6th and save $25 off the retail price of $195.

led-controller-diy.jpg

app-mockup-render.jpg

We previously commented that the regular retail price for this unit was to be $179. We've made several hardware changes since then, to create a more robust and user-friendly product. Changes include a higher quality power supply, over-voltage and reverse-polarity protection, and jumpers (instead of solder-jumpers which would have required soldering experience and a soldering iron) for voltage selection on each channel. These changes added a small increase in cost of materials and assembly, but we felt they were necessary to ensure we had a top-quality product. We really appreciate the early interest we had from many of you, and we wanted to make sure you got a chance to get the controller at great price with this pre-order sale.

Is anyone beta testing this that has actually written up any kind of review or that can share their experience? I have a 0-10v dimmable Diy system. Would this be able to dim all the way down to 0%, or will I still be stuck with just dimming down to 10% and then off?

Is anyone beta testing this that has actually written up any kind of review or that can share their experience? I have a 0-10v dimmable Diy system. Would this be able to dim all the way down to 0%, or will I still be stuck with just dimming down to 10% and then off?

It dims all the way to 0. I love it, it is way better than the typhon. It is easy to use, versatile and sleek.

NirvanaandTool

What's the deal with shipping from Canada to the US?

Our products ship from Canada. Import duties, taxes, and brokerage fees are not included in the product price or shipping cost and may be collected upon delivery from carriers. These charges are recipient’s responsibility as we are only charging the transportation fee for the packages. You may check with your country’s customs office to determine what these additional costs will be.

Anyone know what the duties and fees (if any) would be for this shipment?

Should I order direct or from Dave (NanoBox) for a light currently ordered.

What about for the light I already have?

I'll need 2 total

Also, will there be some sort of kit to convert from Storm to Bluefish?

SpencerShepard

If your drivers are only capable of dimming down to 10%, then that's as much as you're going to get. It doesn't have anything to do with the controller as the drivers will be the limiting factor. I think you would still be impressed with the controller and enjoy it, but 0-100% drivers are the way to get the most out of it.

This one works with the Kessil Tuna 360 right?

Yes! Very well in fact.

SpencerShepard

What's the deal with shipping from Canada to the US?

Anyone know what the duties and fees (if any) would be for this shipment?

There are no duties to the US. The big couriers are known for charging significant brokerage fees, and that is why we are using Canada Post/USPS for shipping...so you guys aren't hit with unexpected fees on delivery. I'm looking into this in more detail and will post here with more info, but I think there's a good chance you won't have to pay anything on delivery.

Actually, for now, I will ship these "all fees paid by shipper" for US orders so you don't have to worry.

Order in, very excited!

I saw on your site that you now display Nanobox lights in the supported section, but the connectors on my Duo look different than the inputs on the side of the BlueFish. Will there be adapters included with the controller or is there something else I would need to do?

Thanks,

Chris

NirvanaandTool

There are no duties to the US. The big couriers are known for charging significant brokerage fees, and that is why we are using Canada Post/USPS for shipping...so you guys aren't hit with unexpected fees on delivery. I'm looking into this in more detail and will post here with more info, but I think there's a good chance you won't have to pay anything on delivery.

Actually, for now, I will ship these "all fees paid by shipper" for US orders so you don't have to worry.

Awesome. That's a big relief. Felt like an unknown.

Ordered. Cant wait to get it.

Yep, that's the preferable option for full 0-100% dimming. The LDD drivers are great.

I've been eyeing the CREE Lumia 5.2 puck with their heatsink and some meanwell drivers. I'm completely new to the DIY stuff, but I just wanna confirm that if I were to build my own with those meanwell drivers (3 700 and 2 1000 per puck), I would need no additional pieces for the Bluefish? It'd be able to control it out of the box? Really loving your work with the Bluefish by the way!

order in I hope this works with the rapid aurora puck! also I'm a bit confused on how it connects to the actual controller I haven't found anything on this??

Order in, very excited!

I saw on your site that you now display Nanobox lights in the supported section, but the connectors on my Duo look different than the inputs on the side of the BlueFish. Will there be adapters included with the controller or is there something else I would need to do?

Thanks,

Chris

Chris,

Shoot me an email. I will have you all set!

-Dave

SpencerShepard

I've been eyeing the CREE Lumia 5.2 puck with their heatsink and some meanwell drivers. I'm completely new to the DIY stuff, but I just wanna confirm that if I were to build my own with those meanwell drivers (3 700 and 2 1000 per puck), I would need no additional pieces for the Bluefish? It'd be able to control it out of the box? Really loving your work with the Bluefish by the way!

If you want to make things really easy, you can purchase the breakout boards: http://aquarium-led-controller.com/product/lighting-controller-diy-breakout-board-2-channel/

Otherwise it's pretty straightforward to but and strip the cables provided with the controller to connect to your drivers.

SpencerShepard

order in I hope this works with the rapid aurora puck! also I'm a bit confused on how it connects to the actual controller I haven't found anything on this??

I'll make some wiring diagrams, but it's pretty easy. The controller outputs through 3.5mm mini audio cables (headphone style). Each cable handles 2 channels, and contains 3 wires: one for each channel and ground. You just need to connect the wires to the control inputs of your drivers and ground.

A wiring diagram might come in handy. I just ordered the LDD drivers. I needed a new driver anyway to run a third channel. And just preordered the Bluefish. Can't wait!

Chris,

Shoot me an email. I will have you all set!

-Dave

Would it be possible for me to preorder this with you and have a tide shipped with it?

Does the moonlight require a dedicated channel or can you use one of the existing channels as a moonlight?

I currently have a 4-up ldd board and want to do moonlighting and would love to use my blue channel for moonlight. This would save me having to purchase a 5-up board. Would also save already cramped real estate on my HS.

Also out of curiosity, I currently use a typhon and see a very clear stepping when dimming. Will this have more smooth dimming?

Archived