SaltCritters.com

The 75g NSW dirty soup kitchen!

gulfsurfer101

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

I had a merc before. He was small! This guy, not so much. He was actually trying to make himself appear bigger and menacing when I netted him into the water container. He even tried snotting us with ink, so we got the whole experience lol. All strecthed out he must have been over 2 feet.

Tank looks good bro. You've been busy collecting it looks like.

It's been a good week for the tank, lol! They had 7 dollar frag blowout at one of the lfs, so I couldn't resist myself.

I had a merc before. He was small! This guy, not so much. He was actually trying to make himself appear bigger and menacing when I netted him into the water container. He even tried snotting us with ink, so we got the whole experience lol. All strecthed out he must have been over 2 feet.

It's been a good week for the tank, lol! They had 7 dollar frag blowout at one of the lfs, so I couldn't resist myself.

Well who could honestly haha?

gulfsurfer101

I know. Not to mention a bunch of locals bring me frags and I in turn give them bottles of live rotifers and phytoplankton. The fruits of my labor!

gulfsurfer101

A cheap stick showing some promising colors. It was browner than a paper bag when I bought it.

20150516_175559_zpsmctgish8.jpg

20150524_160347_zpsl8vdunfm.jpg

Pokerstar looks like it wants to encrust so that's good.

20150524_160155_zps36uci1dk.jpg

gulfsurfer101

So this ihappening, so hopefully the female will lay some eggs for for me soon.

20150531_003031_zpsbivs6rdo.jpg

Oh, and this also!

20150530_193921_zpslji3mtim.jpg

20150530_204640_zpsb2ez7ek8.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Way too much flow for those guys in my 75g. I have them housed in a ten temporarily till I'm able to build another false wall design for a 20l that will be my new macro/seahorse tank!

gulfsurfer101

My cultures are both pretty strong atm. I strain out the culture water from my rotifers, about 2 litters out a 5g jug and run it through some floss to catch all the crap and them strain the rotifers with a micron seive and place those into a bottle of phyto so you killing two birds with one stone. Unless you wanted a clean bottle of phytoplankton to culture something else such as pods it makes more sense to just buy the rotifers since that already come packed in phytoplankton.

The seahorses are local caught lined seahorses or hippocampus errectus. I've moved them from my dt since the flow was way too much. I've given four away as pairs and kept the most tiniest one in a 10g. We'll be out this weekend and be on the lookout for more. Any ones found floating the waves are pretty much doomed anyways as they have been uprooted from the grassbeds where they feed and can't make it back out past the surf.

My cultures are both pretty strong atm. I strain out the culture water from my rotifers, about 2 litters out a 5g jug and run it through some floss to catch all the crap and them strain the rotifers with a micron seive and place those into a bottle of phyto so you killing two birds with one stone. Unless you wanted a clean bottle of phytoplankton to culture something else such as pods it makes more sense to just buy the rotifers since that already come packed in phytoplankton.

The seahorses are local caught lined seahorses or hippocampus errectus. I've moved them from my dt since the flow was way too much. I've given four away as pairs and kept the most tiniest one in a 10g. We'll be out this weekend and be on the lookout for more. Any ones found floating the waves are pretty much doomed anyways as they have been uprooted from the grassbeds where they feed and can't make it back out past the surf.

Ah very good then you shall hear from me soon probably when I get off work I'll send ya a pm.

gulfsurfer101

Got my pods in from keydiver today. As usual, good stuff. Lots of little pods swimming around. I should have enough pods within 1wk to be able to support my 75g and my 10g seahorse tank. So far I've got phytoplankton, rotifers, and tisbe cultures going. Anything else I should be culturing, lol. Been thinking of doing bbs as well.

gulfsurfer101

JMB I hope that's not a selfie bro, because if so, you need to stop pumping it in the wind and start pumping it in the gym bro!

Archived