gulfsurfer101

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101
gulfsurfer101
  • 2 weeks later...
gulfsurfer101

There's no issues whatsoever. I introduced them at the same time and the larger two hang around the anemones and the other smaller two keep to each other. I've recently added a pair of anthias. I'll post a vid later.

gulfsurfer101

I'm not sure the quality of the video is coming through when I upload these videos to youtube or if there something I could do to get better video quality. Anywhoo, here's a short vid of how this tank is coming along lately.

Gulfsurfer101's 75g!: http://youtu.be/IwMMvM8Nu9U

gulfsurfer101

So finally after getting my water parameters back up to par I expected to come home to a happy reef but instead I came home to a nearly potential disaster. My tank is not happy, infact it's frowning. Luckily the crack in my sump was holding rather well so my ato didn't bring my salinity down at all. I pumped as much water as I could from the sump after removing all the contents from inside. I have my tank running with just my heater, wp25 and a big ass koralia. I'm more than confident that this will keep everything happy till I'm able to set up another sump. My biggest concern is having to drain the tank out to slide it over and replace the sump. I plan on reinforcing the bottom of my stand wuth thicker plywood to keep this from happening again. FML!

http://s1309.photobucket.com/user/gulfsurfer101/media/20140501_202043_zpsrvzoco5n.jpg.html'>20140501_202043_zpsrvzoco5n.jpg

http://s1309.photobucket.com/user/gulfsurfer101/media/20140501_202038_zpsionh3dfw.jpg.html'>20140501_202038_zpsionh3dfw.jpg

http://s1309.photobucket.com/user/gulfsurfer101/media/20140501_202118_zpslnpbjd5r.jpg.html'>20140501_202118_zpslnpbjd5r.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Set up a temporary 10g earlier this week until I have time to drain the tank to move it over and slip a new 20L in its place. Things seemed to have no problem with just my skimmer and jeabo wp25 for circulation. I was worried I was going to have losses but that was not the case. Guess I dodged a bullet big time.

So finally after getting my water parameters back up to par I expected to come home to a happy reef but instead I came home to a nearly potential disaster. My tank is not happy, infact it's frowning. Luckily the crack in my sump was holding rather well so my ato didn't bring my salinity down at all. I pumped as much water as I could from the sump after removing all the contents from inside. I have my tank running with just my heater, wp25 and a big ass koralia. I'm more than confident that this will keep everything happy till I'm able to set up another sump. My biggest concern is having to drain the tank out to slide it over and replace the sump. I plan on reinforcing the bottom of my stand wuth thicker plywood to keep this from happening again. FML!

That sucks.. good thing it didn't blow out.

gulfsurfer101

I know, I didn't even notice it was low or busted but I saw that the sump looked kinda sweaty and that is when I realized that it had that huge crack across it. I have been working on my new 20L and if I have time this weekend, I'll most likely be draining the tank to be able to slide it over and drop the new sump in.

gulfsurfer101

Could've been worst. I don't know why the stand was built so cheaply though. I should have definitely had it built at tfh as thier stands are really well built with the additional weight of a sump in mind. I'll just add a plank of 3/4" plywood underneath the new 20L and that should keep it from bowing underneath.

gulfsurfer101
  • 2 weeks later...
gulfsurfer101

Experimenting with my phone while the blues are on.

IMG_2014051954768_zpsmle0grt5.jpg

IMG_201405199120_zpsochdvwwp.jpg

And this thing was a single polyp just a few weeks ago. It's putting out nicely, which I expect for the money I paid, lololol.

IMG_2014051920261_zpsa71y1xoi.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Lol thanks, me too. I'm looking to buy a few different filters to try and clear up some of the heavy blue saturation I get out the leds. I'm also looking to swap out the reefbreeders value fixtures for the new superlux that's coming out soon. I believe they have 0-10v dimmable control wherr the value fixtures don't.

Lol thanks, me too. I'm looking to buy a few different filters to try and clear up some of the heavy blue saturation I get out the leds. I'm also looking to swap out the reefbreeders value fixtures for the new superlux that's coming out soon. I believe they have 0-10v dimmable control wherr the value fixtures don't.

That's pretty sweet def.keep us up on that.

gulfsurfer101

I sure will. I've been emailing reefbreeders, trying to snag a couple fixtures early our on presale, but they're not giving up the goods right just yet.

I put a juvenile engineer goby in my very first tank (before this screen name was created). The juveniles are very very reclusive. I didn't see him for months and months. I finally broke down the tank and had written him off/forgotten about him, but sure enough he was in one of the tunnels he created under the rock in the sand. Definitely need to be careful that he doesn't cause a rock slide with all of his digging. The adults color and size is pretty dang sweet though once they develop yellow and become less shy.

gulfsurfer101

Hmmm.... I may have to tear the down temporarily to get the new 20L sump underneath the tank. I'll be sure to look for it then. I've just never seen it come out every. Not even during feedings when all my fish seem to come out of hiding.

Archived