Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kijho's Fluval Spec V - Retired (almost)

Kijho

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That goby looks great! How big about is he, looks tiny?

About 1 1/2" .. I think he's a bit bigger than he might appear. (A bit more than I expected, too haha)

He's doing fantastic.. left for the evening and just came home and he's actually facing inwards beneath this rock. Bed time for him haha!!

Claimed his territory...

1973205_10152340317990309_36547425022945

That goby is awesome and the perfect fish for your tank. Don't get anymore.. You could probably get him a pistol shrimp and they would share a cave together... It's cool. Good luck!

That goby is awesome and the perfect fish for your tank. Don't get anymore.. You could probably get him a pistol shrimp and they would share a cave together... It's cool. Good luck!

Thanks alot mate!! I should be ordering my light soon, I'd really like to get a Hammer Torch!

Cameron6796
(so much so Google has began putting advertisements on pages I visit for reef related sites, haha!)
My browser does the same thing I'll be looking at a car site and ecotech radions are being advertised on the side

Nice tank love the goby, what kind of sand do you have live aquaria says something more rubble like

Thank you!

I'm not sure about the sand now.. it's in the first pic of this thread actually. Carib-Sea "Ocean" sand I guess it says? I'm quite pleased with it so far!

Today I'm going to feed the Goby some mysis shrimp later on, and use a turkey baster to suck out some snail poo.

Pinner Reef

Hey can you shoot up a pic focused on that green algae? Might not be an issue but I can't tell what type it is.

I believe it's GHA - There's some pics in previous pages of this thread showing it a bit better.

I want to find something that will eat it and act peacefully with my tank :(

Cameron6796

Well it's an impressive tank and I currently hope to start with something smal and similar good luck I'll be following this

Well it's an impressive tank and I currently hope to start with something smal and similar good luck I'll be following this

Thank you! I just got a video of my Goby eating some Mysis ! He seemed to really like going for it, but definitely didn't eat all that I put in. Perhaps too much. I used a turkey baster though hand took some that has sunk to the bottom and put it back near the pump and it flew it back around and he was grabbing it!

Think I'll be ordering my light tomorrow ! I'd really like a torch!

Do you shake the crap and beat the bottom of the bottle on a table of bottle number two of your nitrate test?

Do you shake the crap and beat the bottom of the bottle on a table of bottle number two of your nitrate test?

oh yeaaaa definitely. I read the instructions and was confused so watched a youtube video and then understood you must shake the bottle before putting the drops into the glass. Then you have to shake it for like a minute it says...

Cameron6796

You seem to be restoring a little ammonia which could be the feelings idk

Does he end up eating the stuff he doesn't get,

could be the feelings idk

What do you mean?

I think he does eat it actually, when I got up this morning all the leftovers at the bottom was pretty much gone. I used a turkey baster before bed and picked up some of it that was leftover and put it back and he went for it to eat it.

Cameron6796

Loll feedings not feelings. Hmmm so he is eating the left overs. Maybe just human error. Just do a tiny water change I guess if it continues feed a little less (I thought it was a lot of food bing missed lol) maybe check filter pads or whatever your using.

Edit you could try feeding him more directly with the pumps off food doesn't blow everywhere

Edit2 what light are you using

Yeah could be over-feeding I just used one block of the food.

I'm thinking of getting a peppermint shrimp.. I heard some stories of them pairing with Orange Goby's ?

I'm getting some returning Aiptasia and I know they eat it...

The ammonia doesn't look too high in person, the photo is a bit darker than the rest. I actually thought my Nitrate went up, to a bit darker orange color.

Good idea, will do that forsure! Right now just the original lighting, I have no corals.

I just ordered my Halo LED though so it should be here soon!! Then it will be awesome!

I just killed one aiptasia though. It looks like of the aiptasia has eaten one of the mysis. Can see right into the aitpasia and there's a shrimp in there!!!! Damnet!!

Peppermint shrimp? Thoughts?!

NorthGaHillbilly

I dont currently have any fish in my 20 gallon, but I spot feed my LPS coral 1/2 a block of mysis and let the crabs and other life eat up the rest. I would go for something more packed with nutrients so he can eat a pellet or two and you wont have so much food left in the tank. One cube, if its the same as the mysis i have and have seen in the past, I think your WAY over feeding. Tank looks great, keep up the good work.

Archived