SaltCritters.com

Storm controller - fan control

xmai77

I'm still waiting on my Tide to arrive but it has cleared Canadian customs so it shouldn't be long. I got the installation instructions from Dave a while back and I noticed that step 6 said fans are always on, here's the exact line:

"Adjust accordingly. The fan will always run, you can put the main power supply on a timer to turn the fan on/off if you would like. However, when the lights are on make sure the fan is running."

The Storm controller is capable of controlling fans, see

. Can we have the Storm control the fan that's in the Nano Box lights? Has anybody done this? I'm guessing this will involve disassembling the whole thing and putting the fans on a separate power source, or not?

Storm will always run the fan at a constant speed.

With the Storm X you can control the max and min settings for the fan, but it always runs.

You need to plug the fan into a timer if you don't want it to run 24/7.

Storm will always run the fan at a constant speed.

With the Storm X you can control the max and min settings for the fan, but it always runs.

You need to plug the fan into a timer if you don't want it to run 24/7.

I think the Storm is capable of ramping up/down. According to their blog:

"Storm: ...Once [Y] is selected, the CH4 and CH5 channels will output 25 KHz PWM signals in accordance with the settings set in the “Set PWM Day/Night” dialogue. Therefore the signal will ramp between the two values, and you’ll want to pay attention that the fan ramps up with your lights so that nothing overheats during sunrise/sunset."

On/off works for me but I'm just curious if anybody has modded their light fixture to take advantage of the controller's fan control feature. It'd be great if I could rev down the fans cause I don't need them running at 100% when I'm running the light at 1% for moonlighting (I didn't splurge for a separate moonlight channel).

This is an upgrade for the models. The fan is very quite but will keep running. You can put your main power supply on a wall timer if you would like to have it off at night.

Hope this clears it up.

-Dave

Archived