SaltCritters.com

Bobyboy's Innovative Marine Fusion 30L

Bobyboy

Was looking to start my first reef tank and was set on a 16/24 nuvo. Started reading threads on how they would crack and couldnt bring myself to get one. Saw the fusion 30L has thicker glass and decided that would be my first tank. Your build is the first one i've seen and it's looking great!

I don't think the 16 has had any issues just the 24. Between the 16 and the Fusion 30 you can't go wrong.

• Like 1
I don't think the 16 has had any issues just the 24. Between the 16 and the Fusion 30 you can't go wrong.

Ehh I saw some posts on reef central where two people I believe said their 16s cracked, and this was over the passed couple months. To be safe I'll go with the fusion 30l. They do say larger tanks are better for beginners and 30 seems like a good amount for me to handle

Ehh I saw some posts on reef central where two people I believe said their 16s cracked, and this was over the passed couple months. To be safe I'll go with the fusion 30l. They do say larger tanks are better for beginners and 30 seems like a good amount for me to handle

Was shopping at my LFS yesterday and they have several IM tanks in various sizes. Employee mentioned that he thinks the cracking problems they had revolve more around the pedestal stand that is included than the actual tank. He showed me two IM pedestal stands that were "wavy". He felt that it was the un-level pedestal stand that was straining the tanks and causing them to crack. Theirs are all on either a self leveling mat or styrofoam and they haven't had an issues. First time I had heard that but in looking at the pedestal stands he was showing me (and how off they were) it wouldn't surprise me if that was a big reason they were having issues with those tanks.

• Like 2

That scoly is really nice. Can we get a top-down shot of it? :D

I'll get one up for you in the next day or so once I get some free time after the holiday.

In the mean time here are a few pics of my other 2 for you to enjoy.

91A016DF-F33C-40C6-9B67-2116BB60CADC_zps

28A2A6DF-B6D8-4CB9-A160-0E672EA40F5B_zps

Was looking to start my first reef tank and was set on a 16/24 nuvo. Started reading threads on how they would crack and couldnt bring myself to get one. Saw the fusion 30L has thicker glass and decided that would be my first tank. Your build is the first one i've seen and it's looking great!

Thanks, this tank is my favorite of all the AIO tanks I've had and that includes biocubes14/29, nanocubes, and the nuvo 8/24 that I had.

• Like 2

What do you rate the tank? (1-10) I am thinking about getting one of these instead of getting a huge tank.

It's a solid 8-9 in my book, it isn't perfect but it's pretty close.

It's a solid 8-9 in my book, it isn't perfect but it's pretty close.

What are the reasons for not rating it a 10? Sorry for the questions, just getting a very specific customer review before I purchase it.

Also, whats the width of the rear chamber?

What are the reasons for not rating it a 10? Sorry for the questions, just getting a very specific customer review before I purchase it.

Also, whats the width of the rear chamber?

2 reasons

A: the boarder of the screen top is super thick so if you have any magnet frag racks it blocks light.

B: I noticed the back wall bows in a little bit and I causes some concern for long term integrity.(probably nothing to be worried about)

Over all it is my favorite AIO tank and I'd buy another one given the chance.

As for the dimensions, the back chamber is just about 4" wide.

http://innovative-marine.com/nuvo-aquarium/micro30L.html

2 reasons

A: the boarder of the screen top is super thick so if you have any magnet frag racks it blocks light.

B: I noticed the back wall bows in a little bit and I causes some concern for long term integrity.(probably nothing to be worried about)

As for the dimensions, the back chamber is just about 4" wide.

http://innovative-marine.com/nuvo-aquarium/micro30L.html

Thanks!

gahumphrey

Pre-ordered a Fusion 30L from my LFS. Got 15% off totaling me around $450, I thought that was a steal!

So jealous of all you 30L owners. I chipped the glass on my BioCube 29G today trying to make a rimless. :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

Well I've been super busy with work and preparing out condo for sale the past couple of months and haven't had time to update my thread.

Sadly with selling the condo I am going to have to sell my livestock as we will be moving this fall.

Ill be posting a forsale thread shortly.

I noticed in the beginning of the thread you stated you were running a fuge but then later talk just about the skimmer and media reactor. Can you tell me what all you have running in the back area of the tank? thanks.

Also did you order a new chiller and how is it working for you. Here in GA it has been hot, so I think I should put one on order for when my 30L gets here.

On a side note, I worked in Rockaway NJ for a couple years and lived up near Sparta. Got the hell out and moved back to GA, live is so much more enjoyable now!!

I noticed in the beginning of the thread you stated you were running a fuge but then later talk just about the skimmer and media reactor. Can you tell me what all you have running in the back area of the tank? thanks.

Also did you order a new chiller and how is it working for you. Here in GA it has been hot, so I think I should put one on order for when my 30L gets here.

On a side note, I worked in Rockaway NJ for a couple years and lived up near Sparta. Got the hell out and moved back to GA, live is so much more enjoyable now!!

I just have the inTank nuvo 24g fuge basket with chaeto in it and a JBJ nano-Glo Led light on the back.

It has been stupid hot here lately and I my chiller is struggling to keep my temps at 80-81.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The tank is looking good!

I have a Nuvo 16(and had a Nuvo 24 up until I was one of those unfortunate people who suffered the reef shattering crack!) needless to say I should have a shiny new 30L in a week or two.

How's your plsxi glass lid holding up? So the Nuvo 24 baskets for with a little notch added? Perfect

For the spin stream and return pumps do you think putting a a stock (479gph?) pump on each spin stream would be overkill or provide excellent flow? Would the overflows be able to handle double the flow?

• 2 weeks later...

The tank is looking good!

I have a Nuvo 16(and had a Nuvo 24 up until I was one of those unfortunate people who suffered the reef shattering crack!) needless to say I should have a shiny new 30L in a week or two.

How's your plsxi glass lid holding up? So the Nuvo 24 baskets for with a little notch added? Perfect

For the spin stream and return pumps do you think putting a a stock (479gph?) pump on each spin stream would be overkill or provide excellent flow? Would the overflows be able to handle double the flow?

Yeah I was down that road with a 24g myself.

Dual pumps work perfectly, I set mine up last summer with 2 pumps one feeding out too a chiller and back to the spin stream.

What GPH pumps did you use? Was it overkill flow or just right? :)

I should 2 nuvo pumps that should fit back there.. both at 479 ish

Mj1200 pumps with spinstreams combined with mp10's made excellent flow

• 1 month later...

2 reasons

As for the dimensions, the back chamber is just about 4" wide.http://innovative-marine.com/nuvo-aquarium/micro30L.html

Quick question do you still feel this way about the tank? I'm thinking about picking one up myself.

Did anything ever happen with the back wall bowing a little?

Did your micro bubbles go away?

Thanks in advance!

Quick question do you still feel this way about the tank? I'm thinking about picking one up myself.

Did anything ever happen with the back wall bowing a little?

Did your micro bubbles go away?

Thanks in advance!

Yes I still love this tank, the micro bubbles only lasted a few day. The back wall never leaked but always had a minor curve to it, I assumed it's because of the pressure difference between the 2 areas.

The tank is currently disassembled and waiting for me to move to my new house and set it back up.

• Like 1