SaltCritters.com

Bobyboy's Innovative Marine Fusion 30L

Bobyboy

Great tank... Any plans of what type of fishes u want to keep?

Plus keep us updated with the type of filtration you will using in the back

How about running the refugium, any thoughts

Oh yeah, LET'S GO PICTURE CRAZY ON THIS THREAD LOL

I currently have a 1 year old blackIce clown and a sixline.

This is my pending list

Must have:

Another Clown

Starry Blenny

Possibly

Flame angle

Fu Manchu lion fish

Inverts;

Currently have-

Tri-Color RBTA

Skunk Cleaner

Pom Pom crab

Few hermits plus snails

Planning to pick up a sand sifting start, MAYBE 2??

Possibly another Pom Pom

I'm thinking 4-5 fish should be good for this tank plus the inverts

I'm trying to talk a some one local into turning over their small hippo tang(maybe the size of a quarter) to me until I can find a good home for it. I figure a 30L is a better home than a 6g nanocube.

I just added some rock today and once the dust settles I'll snap some more pics.

I plan to use the Intank fuge basket with chaeto plus a JBJ nano gloo light.

I used my dremel to take 1/8" off the sliding lid of the 24g inTank media rack, it slid right under the overflow and now fits perfectly.

There is a 1" gap between the back of the tank and the rack and I noticed it occasionally slide back, I fixed this by using a mag float, it slides in between and holds it snugly into place.

A couple pics of the rocks, I'm loving the big center piece, it has a hole in the top right that goes all the way through, I'll try to snap a few more detailed pics.

I've still got the 10-15lbs from my other tanks to add.

53BF5B0A-146C-487B-B68F-F5C012E41B9F_zps

EBE8BD11-E944-4DB1-A4D9-5D8E91B910FD_zps

• Like 3

Ammonia zeroed out this morning, I'll give it another day or so before I move the contents of my 8G over.

Should I run the bio pellets from the beginning or wait to add them after I transfer?

I currently have a 1 year old blackIce clown and a sixline.

This is my pending list

Must have:

Another Clown

Starry Blenny

Possibly

Flame angle

Fu Manchu lion fish

Inverts;

Currently have-

Tri-Color RBTA

Skunk Cleaner

Pom Pom crab

Few hermits plus snails

Planning to pick up a sand sifting start, MAYBE 2??

Possibly another Pom Pom

I'm thinking 4-5 fish should be good for this tank plus the inverts

I'm trying to talk a some one local into turning their small hippo tang(maybe the size of a quarter) over to me until I can find a good home for it. I figure a 30L is a better home than a 6g nanocube.

I just added some rock today and once the dust settles I'll snap some more pics.

I plan to use the Intank fuge basket with chaeto plus a JBJ nano gloo light.

Your livestock plans are very similar to what I was hoping to put in my next tank (considering the IM 30L or CADLights 34g). Instead of a sixline, I was looking at longfin wrasse and instead of the flame, I'm thinking the cherub angel. Excited to see how yours works out!

I would advise against the sand sifting star. They really require large systems as they really only feed on the organisms living in the sand. They will scour the sand bed and eventually starve and start to disintegrate. It will take several months, but will eventually happen. Especially with 2.

• Like 1

I would advise against the sand sifting star. They really require large systems as they really only feed on the organisms living in the sand. They will scour the sand bed and eventually starve and start to disintegrate. It will take several months, but will eventually happen. Especially with 2.

Thanks for the info, I have a 1.5-2" sand bed and thought it would be sufficient.

Maybe a conch instead.

Do you have anything you'd recommend to keep the sand bed clean/stirred?

Steensj2004

Thanks for the info, I have a 1.5-2" sand bed and thought it would be sufficient.

Maybe a conch instead.

Do you have anything you'd recommend to keep the sand bed clean/stirred?

+1 on the conch, LOVED mine in my 75, fun as heck to watch!

Tank looks great sand star would need bigger system but conch is great they will keep sand clean. Hows the razor? Does it give u a lot of spec options for lighting range 10,000k-20,000.

Thanks everyone, I'll be transferring the frags and sixline from my frag tank tonight.

Tank looks great sand star would need bigger system but conch is great they will keep sand clean. Hows the razor? Does it give u a lot of spec options for lighting range 10,000k-20,000.

I have the 16000k, it isn't a super advanced unit with storm modes but I don't see the value in that, it has 6 programmable time points that you set your intensity at and it dims between them.

Awesome! How's your water chemistry doing with such a quick start up?

Chemistry has been perfect except a small ammonia spike after adding the sand, I added 15lbs of live rock from another tank and it sucked the ammonia up overnight and hardly gave a nitrate reading.

I didn't expect a big cycle in any way as everything in the tank except the sand was transferred directly from another running tank.

I'll be doing my first major water change this weekend, I ended up grabbing a ebay RODI and it is surprisingly good at taking my city water at a TDS of 218 down to 0.1, but that'll depend on how long the filters last.

Is your skimmer giving you the micro bubbles? Or did you find a mod to make sure it doesnt

I'm just now getting it dialed in, I'm still getting a few bubbles but not as many as it was at first.

I've only had the skimmer going for a few days so I'm going to give it some time to break in before making any judgements against it.

Is that a couple of spin streams i see in your pics! Did the new 30L come with them or did u move them from your other tank? Also did you do the standard upgrade of the pump to the MJ1200 or are you using the stock pump?

Is that a couple of spin streams i see in your pics! Did the new 30L come with them or did u move them from your other tank? Also did you do the standard upgrade of the pump to the MJ1200 or are you using the stock pump?

They are the 2 from my 24g, and there is no standard upgrade for these tanks as the stock return pumps puts out almost twice the flow of the mj1200.

Steensj2004

They are the 2 from my 24g, and there is no standard upgrade for these tanks as the stock return pumps puts out over twice the flow of the mj1200.

Wow, twice the flow? That is pretty nice off the bat! How about noise from the return pumps? I know my stock return is the only thing I get noise from on my Nuvo, are the pumps in the 30 quieter?

The tank looks great. I hope to be owning a 30L within the next few months. I've been looking into the skimmer and reactors that IM makes and I not sure that I am going to get them. How do you like them?

Wow, twice the flow? That is pretty nice off the bat! How about noise from the return pumps? I know my stock return is the only thing I get noise from on my Nuvo, are the pumps in the 30 quieter?

MJ1200 is 295 GPH and the stock pump is 476 GPH. Original documentation showed the 30L was only going to have a 317 GPH pump, but I believe they changed that at the last minute. Not double... But they put out more flow than most other pumps that size. There are only a couple of pumps that will fit in these sumps that put out the same or more gph.

Looking good! The Lionfish might be a bit of a gamble in a reef environment, proceed with caution on that one.

Yeah I was thinking maybe helfrichi firefish instead..