Coral Vue Hydros

Bobyboy's Innovative Marine Fusion 30L

Bobyboy

3-18-2014

Tank arrived today, shipped from innovative marine via freight on a pallet. It was packed nicely and not a single scratch or crack.

This is replacing a nuvo 24 I picked up earlier this year that cracked, I opted to pay the extra 100.00 difference plus shipping in hopes this will be a better tank and I have to say that I'm impressed. IM did toss in a minimax reactor for free so that's a plus.

Now I have an Aquatic Fundamentals 30/38/45 stand that was being used for the 24g, the length is perfect for the 30L but it is 2 inches short width.

I picked up a 1/2" MDF and had it cut to 37.25L x 15.25w, extra quarter inch each way. I'm trying to decide if I want to just replace the top of the stand entirely or just screw the new board to the top.

I'm not to sure if the MDF I picked up is as heavy duty as the piece it will be replacing.

I have the 2 intank media racks left from the nuvo 24, they are about a 1/8" to tall as the 30L over flow is just a bit lower than the 24g. The fuge rack fits nicely. Each rack has about 1" worth of room behind all the so these will make do for now and I'll just wait and see what Stevie comes out with.

I haven't decided what to put in the minimax yet, I'll be using CPE and Purigen in the racks so possibly bio-pellets.

Some remaining hardware:

- Innovative skimmer

- Innovative minimax reactor

- MP10Es

- MO10WES

- Maxspec Razor 420R 160w

- RKE with Float switches

- toms aqua lifter plus air line and a 3 gallon jug for ATO

- JBJ Nano-Glo Led

- jäger 100w heater

- about 30lbs cured live rock(15 from my tanks, 10-15 from a friend)

- 20lbs CaribSea Arag-Alive Bahamas Oolite sand

Here are a few unpacking pics.

1C9A5642-1BDE-4CEC-BD0B-049A47B6475D_zps

96560D8D-FFD6-4EF1-8427-97CE219957C3_zps

7B8D5A0F-F0C5-4AD9-8B2A-34813C25FEFE_zps

C51465FF-DE6C-4AA6-BFEF-545D42ACE0FD_zps

Full Tank Shot

4-10-2014

98E0BFD7-9DC0-439D-B97F-14BD511D07C2_zps

Full Tank Shot

3-25-2014

052D4491-A8F5-470C-8C06-D3D804BAAE63_zps

Livestock as of 05-01-2014

BlackIce Clown

Six Line Wrasse

Helfrichi Firefish

Starry Blenny

Baby Hippo Tang

Skunk Cleaner shrimp

Tricolor RBTA

Antique Rose MaxiMini

Nerites

Ceriths

Astreas

3 blue hermits

Halloween Hermit

Pom Pom crab

Emerald Crab

Zoas/Palys:

Fiji blues

Fire and ice

Green Bay packers

Red hornets

Blue Hotnets

Purple hornets

Reverse Space Monsters

Sunny D

Magicians

Red People Eater

God of war

Rastas

Candy apple reds

Rose nebula

Jf atomic sunrise (bam bam's)

Bbeb

Kings Ransom

Purple Death

Captain America

Nuclear Greens

Purple Fission

Pink fusions

Radioactive dragon eye

Green Dream Grandis

LPS:

Bleeding Apple Scoly

Caribbean Dream Leptastrea

gates of hell leptastrea

Green with Violet Tips Frogspawn

Joker Favia

3 different colors of Trumpet coral

Green Duncan

4 different colored Aussie Acans

Emerald Eyes Acan

Purple Pipe Organ

White Pipe Organ

Cherry Red Goniopora

Black Sun Coral

SPS:

German blue digitata

Pocillopora

Neon Green Birdsnest

Pink Birdsnest

Tyree Sunset Montipora

Red Montipora

Green Montipora

Superman rhodactis

Halloween ricordea

Baby jawbreaker

Common green,red,and purple mushrooms

• Like 1
Steensj2004

Cough cough....jealous. Following the heck outta this one!

If you are gonna run biopellets any thoughts on what skimmer you are gonna run?

Cough cough....jealous. Following the heck outta this one!

If you are gonna run biopellets any thoughts on what skimmer you are gonna run?

I will be using the IM skimmer I had in my Nuvo 24g.

I'm going to be attaching the new MDF to the top of the stand after I paint it, I'd rather not mess with the structure of the stand.

3-19-2014

The stand top is finished, 6 layers of spray paint plus a final coat of protectant.

Disassembled the stand and clamped the 2 tops together, length was was perfect and it over hung by 1 and 1/8" front and back. I used 5 of the 3/4" wood screws from underneath the original top, 1 dead center plus 1 3 inches in from each corner.

Reassembled the stand placed the tank on top, perfect fit with 1" or so extra on each side and about 1/8 front and back.

You can't tell the difference unless you get under it and look up.

A43548BF-0723-42EA-8A61-BB1D83940A58_zps

Hung the light so it was dead center of the display.

7B1236CE-0BFF-4628-8ADE-8F33D5B9D835_zps

Light on

7695DE91-B753-4CEE-8405-E0316D290F75_zps

I have to say the coverage with the 90 degree optics is pretty good, I ordered the 120's last night.

And finally she's wet

228ADF13-9710-420B-B416-1D38E1FF47AF_zps

In total I put 26 gallons in and could probably fit at least another gallon as I have the pump chamber filled less than half way.

My RODI failed after 5 gallons and I ended up using Distilled for the rest, do I need to do anything for the Distilled or is it just like the RODI good to go from the jug.

I plan to mix the salt in the tank over night.

• Like 4
Spiderguardnano

i agree with the above looks awesome.

i was thinking of ordering that stand what are the dimensions of the stand?

As i want to use it on my mr aqua 12l that is like 36 long

Thanks everyone, I really like this tank and it looks as though they put some actual thought behind it.

One of my favorite additions is the screen top instead of the glass top.

Can't wait to watch this build, was checking this new one out on IM's site. As for your distilled water, i see no issues imo, ur just gonna do a cycle anyways and after its done do a 50% wc before anything goes in anyways! Like to see how your Nuvo 24 accessories work with this tank. Do you think the InTank stuff will work fine?

Can't wait to watch this build, was checking this new one out on IM's site. As for your distilled water, i see no issues imo, ur just gonna do a cycle anyways and after its done do a 50% wc before anything goes in anyways! Like to see how your Nuvo 24 accessories work with this tank. Do you think the InTank stuff will work fine?

I shouldn't have any cycle if I do this correctly, I'm using new rinsed dried sand and the 15lbs of rock from my current tank plus another 10-15lbs from another running tank.

The fuge basket will, but the media racks are about 1/4"-3/8" to tall, I'll have to modify them.

Looking good! I'm so jealous right now, mine is on back order after the first 30L arrived shattered.

I heard about that, I was very nervous while waiting but mine came via freight/pallet instead of the standard delivery.

I shouldn't have any cycle if I do this correctly, I'm using new rinsed dried sand and the 15lbs of rock from my current tank plus another 10-15lbs from another running tank.

The fuge basket will, but the media racks are about 1/4"-3/8" to tall, I'll have to modify them.

New sand will usually create a cycle, not as bad as all new sand and rock, but still something to be prepared for.

New sand will usually create a cycle, not as bad as all new sand and rock, but still something to be prepared for.

I'll see, I rinsed it pretty good in freshwater.

I added the 15-20lbs of live rock from my friend so if their is any ammonia from the sand it should get sucked up quickly.

Great tank... Any plans of what type of fishes u want to keep?

Plus keep us updated with the type of filtration you will using in the back

How about running the refugium, any thoughts

Oh yeah, LET'S GO PICTURE CRAZY ON THIS THREAD LOL