Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nanofreaks >1 of softness

Nanofreak79

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. Extreme misbar. They also had a black domino at the same time for 40 bucks and I didn't get it. I wish I did.

a domino for $40??? they like over $100!!

Pat update your thread already!
I never have it cleaned up, lighting is bad for pictures, or nothing good to update. Lol. Tomorrow I want to hit the lfs and do some cleaning and maybe I'll get some pics.

a domino for $40??? they like over $100!!
Are they that much? Lol I just knew 40 was good. I didn't know it was that good. I paid I think 30 for nakey.

I never have it cleaned up, lighting is bad for pictures, or nothing good to update. Lol. Tomorrow I want to hit the lfs and do some cleaning and maybe I'll get some pics.

Are they that much? Lol I just knew 40 was good. I didn't know it was that good. I paid I think 30 for nakey.

30 is great! i paid 55 for mine back when i had one

Nanofreak79
So nano freak, what softies are you considering for this tank? Rics and high end zoas?
I'm gonna keep mostly shrooms, rics, some of my poopier zoas and paly's, although I like all of them. I will go for some colorful softies. I need to stop shopping for zoas and paly's , and start buying other things. I'll probably steal some stuff outta my main tank ITMT, just to add a little life and something to look at.

I want to keep my zoa hoard for my other build. I have like fifty frags for it already!

I'm gonna keep mostly shrooms, rics, some of my poopier zoas and paly's, although I like all of them. I will go for some colorful softies. I need to stop shopping for zoas and paly's , and start buying other things. I'll probably steal some stuff outta my main tank ITMT, just to add a little life and something to look at.I want to keep my zoa hoard for my other build. I have like fifty frags for it already!
blech to the shrooms!

I didn't even know this thread existed !! I'm pretty doing the same build for my girlfriend. Probably going to do a smidge bigger though coming in at maybe a gallon.

Question,do you think 1/8" acrylic is thick enough for around a gallon ? And without even asking, I'm sure 4w of led will be enough for Zoa's and Paly's lol. This is awesome,yet another one of your builds to follow hahaha

Nanofreak79
I didn't even know this thread existed !! I'm pretty doing the same build for my girlfriend. Probably going to do a smidge bigger though coming in at maybe a gallon.

Question,do you think 1/8" acrylic is thick enough for around a gallon ? And without even asking, I'm sure 4w of led will be enough for Zoa's and Paly's lol. This is awesome,yet another one of your builds to follow hahaha

1/8"? I'd do 1/4" or brace the 1/8 inch. I'm waiting on 4, 3 watt LEDs for mine. Running a moonlight driver @350 ma. Should be more than enough for softies. It's cool your doing one, picos are fun IMO. It's been awhile since I did anything this small. Make sure to do a thread!

1/8"? I'd do 1/4" or brace the 1/8 inch. I'm waiting on 4, 3 watt LEDs for mine. Running a moonlight driver @350 ma. Should be more than enough for softies. It's cool your doing one, picos are fun IMO. It's been awhile since I did anything this small. Make sure to do a thread!

funny how we are all starting picos at the same time

I just compared the 1/8" to the 1/4" glass of my zen tank and its a SMIDGE thinner... I was messing with a piece a co-worker had that was about 6"x4" and it was flexible but didn't flex all that much.. You really think it'll be a problem for something under or around a gallon ? I'll make one whenever I decide to order the stuff for the light. Im debating if I want to use my AC20 or my AC50 with a 20 impeller,hmmm..

funny how we are all starting picos at the same time

Oh you're making one to Dark ? What size ?!

Nanofreak79

I just compared the 1/8" to the 1/4" glass of my zen tank and its a SMIDGE thinner... I was messing with a piece a co-worker had that was about 6"x4" and it was flexible but didn't flex all that much.. You really think it'll be a problem for something under or around a gallon ? I'll make one whenever I decide to order the stuff for the light. Im debating if I want to use my AC20 or my AC50 with a 20 impeller,hmmm..

Oh you're making one to Dark ? What size ?!

Ice is setting up his 4 gallon evolve again.

I didn't know you were using glass, thought you were talking about acrylic. If all your cuts are on and you use granger silicone, it should be fine.

I'd do ac20 with an InTank media basket!

I am going to use acrylic,I just checked the thickness of the acrylic with my Zen tank which is 1/4" glass. Im going to use Weld On 16 to bond the acrylic together,I think I'm going to go with 7" L x 5" H and width.. Idk yet lol. I'm measuring stuff out now..

Nanofreak79

Glass is a lot stronger than acrylic, flexing that is. I would just hate for it to pop a seam, or it will bow, I know that.

I am going to use acrylic,I just checked the thickness of the acrylic with my Zen tank which is 1/4" glass. Im going to use Weld On 16 to bond the acrylic together,I think I'm going to go with 7" L x 5" H and width.. Idk yet lol. I'm measuring stuff out now..
Dims. Are good!

Glass is a lot stronger than acrylic, flexing that is. I would just hate for it to pop a seam, or it will bow, I know that.

Dims. Are good!

Oh no,I agree. Personally,I didn't think 1/8" would be a problem with how short the tank would be.. I'm kind of hoping that if I use acrylic cement and weld on 16 ( both of which I have at work ) and possibly silicone over all the seams,I shouldn't have a problem. I'm probably wrong,I'm going to shoot Mike a message and see what he says.

In my head 98% of me agrees with you,but 2% of my stubbornness wants to try it anyways ;)

Nanofreak79

Yeah, mike would be the best for answers. Silicone doesn't stick to acrylic well. If you cement the pieces, and there even or tight seams you should be ok.

Nanofreak79
Soo,I'm sitting here wondering... How does that ATO work ?

The air pump fills the air tight bottle with air, until fully pressurized, then that makes water pump out the other airline that sits at the bottom of the container. You can use many different containers, but all seals must be air tight or it won't work. I took the -+ terminals for the battery operated pump and wired them to the float switch. When the float makes it's connection, the pump is triggered.

Nanofreak79

Thanks, I think it was in the DIY section here? I've been using them for quite some time on the nano tanks....cheap and I had most of the parts here.

Archived