Coral Vue Hydros

Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Water Purifier

rhinoivory

I recenetly purchased an "aquariam pharmaceuticals wtare purifier". Have any of you heard of this product before? I have used it on my freshwater and the tank seems to be at ease regarding algae, and I measured the water quality from the purifer, and all parameters seem to be suprisingly safe. I've heard many good things about this product, however, I would like to evaluate its disadvantages.

I know that a few poeple over at ReefCentral use it for thier reef tanks.  So should be good enough.  But there is no way of knowing until you test for all the major impurities which is a pain in the butt.  But I guess as others are using it it should be ok.

Thanks for that, I will be checking reefcentral out for the latest goss about this product.

Anybody else heard of it?

I used it before I got my ro/di. No algae problem encountered. Only problem is I have to refill every 40-50gal of usage(my water little hard). HTH

Joxer the Mighty

I own one but stopped using it because the filter cartridge didn't seem to last long at all. Must have been my water because I heard of other people that were getting good mileage out of them. I was lucky if I got ten gallons before it needed replacing.

reef hugger

i am using one and i am getting 100+ gallons per cartridge. we have pretty clean tap water as it is but, wanted a little more peace of mind. the only problem that i have with it is the di resin keeps getting blown by the final filter pad and ending up in the bucket. to catch the resin i let the water flow through a nylon stocking before going in the bucket. i also slowed down the flow to about 5gph. its rather annoying.

i don't know if they are really worth it though. you could save a little more money and get a ro filter that would do as good of a job and produce more water but not as fast.

I use them too, though i keep forgetting to turn them off so i went through probably 1 1/2 cartriages outta the 3 i had overflowing outta the bucket or into the washer. Last time i did this i filled the washer 3/4 quarters. hehe. Im gonna start recharging them now, so i dont have to buy any more.

I had a small RO at first, but the pressure caused a small drip from the faucet and over time since it took so long the water dripped from the upper floor into the basement.

Archived