Coral Vue Hydros

Nuvo (Innovative Marine) Reef People!

ReefKeif323

evaporation, maybe. They look great without the lid on, IMO

around my place, cat hair in the water

Dog hair, at my house....lol

Some would argue that while you get more evaporation with the lid off, you do get more oxygen exchange, which is a benefit.

I have been running mine without the lid for a couple weeks now and am happy. I had to take my lid off when I upgraded my return pump because water was getting in the plastic clips that hold the glass and making its way over the rim and dripping down the outside. I like the way it looks without the lid better anyways.

Dog hair, at my house....lol

Some would argue that while you get more evaporation with the lid off, you do get more oxygen exchange, which is a benefit.

I have been running mine without the lid for a couple weeks now and am happy. I had to take my lid off when I upgraded my return pump because water was getting in the plastic clips that hold the glass and making its way over the rim and dripping down the outside. I like the way it looks without the lid better anyways.

Same thing happened with my nuvo 8G, I ran it without the lid for over a year but ended up making a screen top the sat on top to keep fish in after my sixline went carpet surfing.

Update

I completed my transfer my Nuvo 8g is now m Fusion 30L

All livestock made it over, I even moved the sixline and some frags from my frag tank.

Hardware:

Maxspec Razor R420R 16000K 120w LED light

MP10ES

Intank media racks plus fuge

JBJ Nano-gloo

Stock return pump with 2 spinstreams

100w Jäger heater

Aqua gadget Skimmer

MiniMax Reactor

ReefKeeper Elite

And here are some pics

336418D3-0592-4D4C-9134-BF62A073B141_zps

E147FD84-BF27-4F77-BC98-9E3C4D2CE573_zps

F60003E4-266A-4609-8F74-F2E94FEB44D5_zps

3E544B4C-24FF-4EE8-8E3D-BBE457F4669C_zps

176D4CEA-D4D9-4C0F-BCD4-2B5B423C11E5_zps

98298536-F711-4F10-A24F-EB26FE851817_zps

B82D203D-030E-4A5D-8D7B-9D2ACC7C9945_zps

2FF068E6-4676-42C1-9D56-6FA85734DCDB_zps

A89EFEF4-CDD8-4384-9466-3F2640CE2F78_zps

052D4491-A8F5-470C-8C06-D3D804BAAE63_zps

Steensj2004

image_zps7093fa94.jpeg

Tank:

Innovative Marine NUVO 16(Black)

Stand:

Deep Blue 15 gallon

Lighting:

NanoBox Duo

-JBJ Nano-Glo Fuge Light

Water Flow:

MP10w and Spinstream

Return Pump:

Cobalt MJ900

Heater:

Viva Aqua Titanium( Think I am gonna switch to a Cobalt Neo-Therm to save some space so I can add a reactor)

Controller:

Reefkeeper Lite(SL1,PC4, Ph/Temp Probes,2 float switches,Net Module,Netgear Wireless Bridge)

ATO:

DIY w/ 5.5 Deep Blue tank

MJ600 pump

Filtration:

~25lbs Base rock

~8 LBS Live Rock

~1" Black Sand

-2 InTank Media Baskets w/ CPE/Pur/FF

-1 InTank Fuge Basket w/ Chaeto(mostly for pods)

Fish:

-ORA Red Sea Mimic Blenny

-Yasha Goby(RIP,jummped out of tank)

-Mandarin Dragnonet

Inverts:

-Pom-Pom Crab

-2 Sexy Shrimp

-Assorted snails

-Assorted Hermits

Corals

- Blue and Green Alveopora

-Green Splatter Hammer

-Green, Purple, and BlueValida Acro

-Assorted Zoas(including fire and ice and some others I can't remember the names,lol)

- Monti caps, all glues to same plug to see if they will mix(green,purple,red)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
partyboizz01

I have one question for anybody..I've been running my 16 gallon for 3 months now every parameters are perfect water changes every week. The one problem I having is that my overflow department is dirty, I see particles or whatever hanging around on the bottom, So when the return pump is doing it's job it's spitting the particles back in my tank is there away to clean that spot and where my custom caddy baskets are

I have one question for anybody..I've been running my 16 gallon for 3 months now every parameters are perfect water changes every week. The one problem I having is that my overflow department is dirty, I see particles or whatever hanging around on the bottom, So when the return pump is doing it's job it's spitting the particles back in my tank is there away to clean that spot and where my custom caddy baskets are

Before you do a water change use a turkey baster and blast the detritus into the column then suck it out or let it filter through.

partyboizz01

Before you do a water change use a turkey baster and blast the detritus into the column then suck it out or let it filter through.

OK I will try that, wish I had a camera So folk can see!

Archived