Top Shelf Aquatics

Custom 37 gallon system build

shawnwaldon

shawnwaldon

This is my plan for my build I am starting. My plan is to have as clean of a look as possible. I have designed a custom overflow that will allow me to have two vertical spray bars that will be concealed (unless your looking from the side of the aquarium). I have already purchased the glass for the tank and sump. I will be deconstructing and modifying an existing stand to fit this tank. I have a light for the aquarium already, but will have to buy new equipment for the sump. I am thinking of using an inline pump for the sump so I can have a larger refugium. If I go that route I will not put the last piece of glass farthest to the right in the sump. My plan is to use this as a saltwater FOWLER tank with the expectation of turning it into a reef tank eventually. I have a 20 tall that is setup and running that I will put the contents in this tank when I have it finished. Before I forget I created a cover for all the plumbing in the back of the tank for a clean look. Here are the specs.

Aquarium - 40"x 15"x 15"
Sump - 26"x 10"x 12"
Stand - 40"x 40"x 15"
Aquaticlife 36" dual t5HO w/ wavepoint 12K and super blue actinic.

1505435_841955425821139_1441973777_n.jpg

1982263_841955429154472_1540078823_n.jpg

shawnwaldon

Maybe, I have not got that far yet. The sump is 14 inches shorter than the main tank so there should be room for a 5 gallon bucket or a small holding tank I would think. If I need to I can make a custom holding tank. Thanks for the suggestion I never thought of it.

Archived