inTank Media Baskets

Help identify this worm

Kevina1985

I just fed my tank and I found seen this worm come out and take the food. Tank has been up for about 3 months. The worm looks to be about 3inches. Is it good or bad to have in the tank.

post-82858-0-76521500-1394581097_thumb.jpg

Just a bristle worm. They're fine. Some people get creeped out by the look, they're good cleaners- eat junk in the tank. Some people like them until they get too big. I did get rid of one once because it had its head on the top of my zoa polyp.

vegasgundog

Everyone says they are great, so far I havnt flushed any. Ive seen a YouTube vid of a giant one chasing fish around an aquarium. Did I mention I hate creepy crawlies? The first one that sticks me will doom them all to the great flush.

Partially Submerged

I have a lot of them in my tank, and they are good residents. The only part I don't like is when there is food in the tank, and they all creep out of their holes...kind of nasty. But I've found that some decent flow keeps them inside.

They're good cleaners... They're great at getting into the cracks and crevices of your rock to and cleaning. If it's too big/ornery flush it.. Otherwise, let them be.

Archived