Innovative Marine Aquariums

Finnex FugeRAY Marine + LED fixture

sammiewags

I have a 11.4g mr aqua tank and the tank dimensions are 18.9 x 11.8 x 11.8. After going to my LFS I saw their setup for the finnex marine +- and the salesman said it comes in 18" but after looking on their website the marine + does not come in 18". Would a 16" or 20" work for this size tank? Any suggestions thank you!!

Depends on what you want to keep, but I have seen several of the Finnex Ray lights, and came away less than impressed with color rendition, at least for saltwater/ reef conditions. You would also probably need at least a pair of them for most corals.

The consensus around here would be to look into a NanoBox fixture for a aquarium that size, or a BuildMyLED 18" light (less control of light color and less overall features, but also less money).

Just looked at the buildmyLED and they are nice. I do not mind the less control of the light color or crazy features. Not sure what light to pick, so many choices.

I just ordered 2 of the 20K fixtures (a 12" and a 30" with 90 degree optics for 2 different tanks) - going to give them a shot, and the company lets you return them (preconfigured only) if you are not satisfied with them. I preferred the look of the 20K over the 14K and 12K, and like the diode combination it offered better than what is found in the other two preconfigured layouts. Without knowing the specific diodes used, I was leery of trying a custom layout as they cannot be returned.

They do not have my size tank listed. I may have to do a custom? I sent them a message. The 20000k looks amazing!! Definitely post some pictures of yours. :)

They do not have my size tank listed. I may have to do a custom? I sent them a message. The 20000k looks amazing!! Definitely post some pictures of yours. :)

Will do, and I do think they will cut the fixture length to order - you only need an extra inch for tank mounting, or you could hang it - that is what I plan to do, as it is so much nicer not having to move the light for anything like maintenance, plus it looks cooler... B)

Archived